Chapter 38.

Harry

Niall and Bresi come to visit me some more after that and I have to sit and watch their PDA and watch them do couple-y stuff. Of course, with a few fractured ribs and a dislocated leg you can't really do much. That's why when I'm discharged from the hospital, I'm up and running. 

The first place I go to is Taylor's place down in Cheshire. His family home is not far from my parents bungalow but it's not as if I'd be seeing them any time soon. As I pull up at Taylor's home, their garden is littered with toys - a chute, swing set and rocking horses which indicated that the twins were in. I smile at the thought and I chap politely on the door. Taylor is first to answer and he greets me hello, followed by a loud, "Daddy!" Coming from inside. I clear my throat awkwardly.

"Is this a bad time?" I ask hesitantly.

"No, no! It's a great time. Nikki's just making the twins lunch." Taylor assures me, stepping aside to let me in. A figure appears in the long hallway and I recognise her immediately as Eva, who's holding an Elsa Frozen doll in her clutches. I beam at the sight her and she comes rushing into my arms as I bend down. 

"Harry!" She squeals with delight, her tiny hand gripping onto my shirt. 

"Hey, Eva. How are you?"

"Great! Me and Erika are watching Frozen." She beams and I chuckle. 

"How many times is that you've watched it?" I ask curiously.

Eva pauses for a second before she holds up five innocent tiny fingers and I can't help but laugh. The volume from the TV in the living room is suddenly blasted and 'Let it Go' is playing through the house. Eva squeals with delight and jumps down from my grasp and runs off into the living room.

"Erika! What did I tell you about playing that too loud?!" Taylor exclaims and saunters in the living room, finding the twins causing mischief. I follow behind Taylor and watch the scene fold out. Erika and Eva have both turned round, the pair of them looking innocent as hell. Eva's still clutching her Elsa doll while Erika is gripping tightly on to a small blanket. Her eyes widen when she spots me in the doorway.

"Uncle Harry!" She cries and leaps into my open arms. Eva whines impatiently, feeling left out and she grabs at the hem of my shirt so I shift Erika on my other hip to make room for Eva. 

"I'm sorry about them." Taylor apologises but I shake my head my head dismissively.

"No need to be." I assure him. Taylor grins back.

"Uncle Harry stay for lunch?" Erika asks quietly, looking hopefully at Taylor and I. Taylor looks questionably at me.

"Suppose I don't have a choice, do I?" I smirk and Taylor laughs.

"You're always welcome here, you know that." Taylor reasons and I nod. 

So I stay for lunch to please Eva and Erika, which consists of macaroni cheese and small pizza slices. I coo and fuss at the twins as they babble away, telling me about their first few weeks at their new school. It's like listening to Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee with them. Honestly, the pair never stop talking and most of the time it's gibberish. Not that I mind. Once they're finished their lunch, they head back into the living room and curl up on the sofa to watch the rest of Frozen, leaving me alone with Nikki and Taylor. 

"How's Nadine doing?" Nikki asks casually, placing all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

"Getting bigger." I answer smugly and she laughs.

"She's spending the last few months at Cornwall with her parents." I explain and she nods knowingly.

"If she wants any maternity clothes, she can always come to me. I have plenty from being pregnant with the twins." She says and I beam at her.