Chapter 8.

I'm staring at his phone number. I've been staring at the number for a while now, I think. I haven't even added it to my phone yet and I don't know if I want to. What would I call him for anyway? He says to call him if I need him. But do I really need him right this second? Yes. Of course I do. I'll always need Harry, no matter how dangerous he says he is. 

I want to call him. I want to call him so he could come over and we could have endless conversations over coffee and watch TV. I want to call him so I can date him and spoon him and tell him how beautiful he is every single day.  

But at the same time…I don't want to trouble him. I don't want to become a nuisance to him, even though I probably already have. He's obviously got a lot on his plate, he doesn't need me added to the list. I sigh heavily and shove the crumpled piece of paper in my back jeans pocket. Harry had surprised me when he gave me his number. I'm just surprised he hadn't tracked down my phone personally just to see me. Of course, that would explain the mysterious, unexpected visits. 

I end up going out with Zayn and Liam the following the weekend. To be honest, I needed it. I needed a night out..I needed drinks. Drinks to make me forget about a certain green-eyes, curly-haired lad. The drinks seem to work a treat, up until half-way through the night I guess… 

When  stand alone next to the bathroom doors, I fumble for the abandoned piece of paper in my jeans and bring it out to read it, although it is slightly blurry. I shakily type the number into my phone and dial it automatically. After a few rings, he answers. 

“Styles calling.” 

“I…I have a bone to p-pick with you, sirrr.” I slur and there's a short pause. 

“Blondie..?” 

“It is I…the b-biggest mistake of your life.” I sniff and he sighs. 

“You're not a mistake, we've went over this.” 

“I  wanted to say…that I'm done with you and your emotionless crap, you jerk. You can be as cut-off a-as you want and n-not give a f-fuck about a-anyone but that just makes you t-the biggest, a-arrogant and selfish dick in the p-planet, Mr. S-styles’.” I smirk coyly, feeling a little pleased with myself. 

“Where are you? I'll come and get you.” 

“Goodbye, dick.” I huff and hang up the phone, stuffing it my pocket. 

I was swallowing pride – or what little I had left of it – when a few minutes later, a tall figure stands over me and I can smell the familiar smell of expensive aftershave. 

“So I'm the biggest, arrogant dick in the Planet, am I?” Harry sneers and when I look up, there's a glint in his eyes. I gulp nervously. 

“You forgot selfish.” I added weakly and he chuckled amusingly. 

“I'm gonna take you home.” He mumbles and takes my hand but I feebly pull away. 

“Nooo!” I whine almost childlike and he smirks. 

“If you want me to carry you over my shoulder, I will.” He threatenes as he steps closer. 

“I've had enough of this! Y-you're not my s-superman, okay?! Y-you're not my hero and I d-don't need you rescuing m-me every b-bloody day.” I slur, poking his chest. 

“I say otherwise.” He sighs and I scowl at him, folding my arms across my chest and protesting. That's when, without warning, he grabs me around my waist and hauls me upside down onto his shoulder. I kick and screen and punch at him and mumble something about not being liked to be manhandled but he ignores me. Somehow, Zayn and Liam manage to catch up and watch breathlessly as Harry puts me down when we’re outside.