Chapter 50.

Harry

3 years later

"Niall Horan finally opens his very own Italian restaurant, naming it The Rose. Even though it is just open, the restaurant has already been a huge success. Guests at the restaurant have described it as a great family-friend atmosphere. After three years of studying cookery, Niall has become head chef at his own restaurant, with fellow friend Liam Payne as his sous chef.

"It's brilliant, the amount of work that Niall has put into this restaurant. He really deserves it, he's done so well." Liam chirps in, after being interviewed at the opening. An insider had spoken to Niall and had asked him if there was anybody in his current love that he'd hope would like a taste of this of fine restaurant.

"Oh, no." Niall had replied with a laugh at the end.

"I think dating is out of the question at the moment, I'd just like to focus on my career."

I close over the paper, sighing deeply. Niall lives in Ireland now. Well, Mullingar to be precise. He has been ever since we split up. It's been three years since we've last spoken to each other and not a day goes by where I don't think about him. I miss him, dearly, but I've never even thought about getting back in touch with him. There's been too much happening and it's as clear as day that Niall is happy. That's all I ever wanted, right?

I glance over at Cara, who's swinging her legs back and forth as she munches at a jam sandwich. It's around noon and we're having lunch. Well, Cara is. She's four years old now and just about to start school. Having Cara as my daughter has been the most rewarding thing that's ever happened to me. I've managed to say away from drugs, crime, sex and alcohol. I haven't given it a second thought since Cara was born. She's changed my life, completely.

Cara has started to form a cheeky, stubborn personality. Just like her mother. Most of the time, I see a bit of Nadine in her but at the same time, I see a bit of me. It's scary how much she resembles Nadine, though.

"Finished!" She suddenly cries with delight, giving me a jam-covered mouthy grin.

"Right, let's go and see your Uncle Louis before he snaps." I say, standing up. Cara wipes her mouth with the back of a cloth before she stands up and takes my hand, following my suit. I meet Louis at the beach in Cheshire, like we had done three years ago before I had split up with Niall. The air is cold and windy so we wrap ourselves up as we go to greet Louis. Louis is standing next to a beach bench, holding hands with Briana. I smile fondly as I approach them and Cara immediately leaps into Louis' open arms.

"Hey." I greet, nodding politely toward Briana.

"Boy, she's getting big." Louis says, pretending to strain and making Cara giggle.

"I'm going to be big and strong like daddy." She beams and I roll my eyes.

"Does that mean you're drinking lots of milk and eating all your greens?" Louis raises his eyebrows. There's a short pause in which Cara makes a face and wrinkles her nose. Louis laughs and kisses her on the cheek. Her eyes start to wonder and she's now eyeing up the small shells that are scattered along the seashore.

"Why don't you go and collect you the shells with auntie Briana?" Louis suggests, smiling. Cara nods eagerly and manoeuvres over to Briana's open arms. Cara leaps down from her grasp and takes Briana's hand and they both ahead of us. "She's a cracker, isn't she?" Louis coos fondly at my daughter. I smile proudly myself.

"Yeah, she is." I agree.

"So, how are you and Briana?" I ask, starting conversation as we start to walk along the beach at a slower pace from Briana and Cara.