Chapter 32.

This is how I imagined Harry and Louis would be in the morning ^

______________

Harry

Things were getting more and more difficult to bear. Niall wasn't talking to me as much anymore and it feels as if he has something to hide. I don't know why, I just do. It's probably me being paranoid because heck, I'm in New York most of the time now and Niall's back to work as well. We're probably just too busy to talk to each other. If there was something up, Niall would tell me? Surely.

I'm currently in New York just now, in a classy apartment facing onto the city. It's peaceful. I'm leaning against the glass balcony, my phone in my hand while I watch the city below, listening to the traffic and the police sirens, feeling the gentle breeze across my face. The apartment itself is grand and modern, much like my mansion back in L.A.

Louis was here with me. Perhaps he needed a break from Nadine but that was okay. Things between Louis and I weren't that great either. We weren't as close as we used to be. Perhaps I'd just been pushing him too far and he's learned to resent me. I wouldn't blame him, to be honest.

I turn away from the balcony and head inside to the apartment, where Louis appears, fresh from the shower. His hair is damp and tousled, droplets of water dripping off his sun-kissed skin as he rubs his hair with a fluffy, white towel. I feel guilty. Incredibly so. I take Louis for granted so much and he deserves more than this. I'm very protective of Louis, just like I am with Niall. A tight feeling rises in my chest as I stare at him. He catches me looking.

"What?" He asks softly, smirking at me.

I glance down at my phone, where there's a text from Niall which reads;

We need to talk.

I roll my eyes and ignore it. It can't be good but I'll deal with him later.

"Nothing. I'm going out." I tell him and swing open the door, disappearing.

Biting my lip, I head down an alley way that leads into Times Square. As always, the place is packed with tourists and workers. I'm dressed in a black suit, a lace shirt hiding underneath my suit jacket, my hair pushed back into a tight rubber band.

I'm on the stairs, holding onto the railings as the widescreen TV's flash before me. The adrenaline kicks in and a small smirk appears on my face. A grubby man deliberately bumps his shoulder against me as he walks past, murmuring, "watch it." I frown and glance at his hand, where a shiny Rollex watch sits on his wrist and I brush my hand past the railing and subtly slip it off his wrist before slipping into my pocket. I do the same as what he had done to me and accidentally bump into a female with a child. She grunts and looks hurtfully at me.

"Sorry ma'am, excuse me." I say politely, flashing her an innocent smile that causes her to blush as I take her hand slip off the gold ring that sits on her finger. She smiles back and let's go of my hand and I clear my throat as she disappears. I bite my inner cheek in curiosity, scanning the crowd again. There's a man sitting at a café with a laptop sitting in a bag, the bag strap draped across the back of his seat. I can't help clicking my tongue at him. Does he not know that it can get stolen at any time?

I swiftly move forward, watching the people around me and without being seen, I grab the strap of the bag off of the seat and slip it over my shoulder and stride down the streets of Times Square to meet Cassandra. I meet Cassandra at a deserted warehouse in which she had gotten refurbished for her very own con-artist company. The warehouse is filled with glass tables, covered by a number of objects. There was mostly jewelry, stolen from rich people which could be sold for a higher price than the original. I dump the laptop and Rollex watch and gold ring on a spare table when Cassandra appears, clicking her tongue at me.