Chapter 10.

I've been working extra long hours over the next few days. Ben is keeping me busy, which I'm thankful for but I can't help but wonder if he's deliberately making me work long hours for what happened on Saturday. Ben knows about Harry. He knows how much of an asshole he is so I don't understand why he'd try to get back at me. All in all though, the joke is down to him. Even though he is making me work harder, I'm still earning more money and that's really all that matters.  

"I could have a word with him." Liam had suggested, after I ranted on to him about Ben. 

"Nah, it won't do any good." I sigh as I begin to wash Liam's dirty dishes. Zayn is back at our flat and he has been for a while now. I don't know why, but I'm just to scared to back - especially after what happened. My scar on my belly has long healed and I'm up and about but I'm just hesitating a little bit, I guess. That, and the fact that there could be a few more bouquet of flowers coming my way from Harry. I don't mind as much as I much as I did when I first started getting them. It's Harry's way of making it up to me. He may not be able to say sorry, but it's a start. 

I see Harry at the subway again, when I'm working. After what happened, though, I don't go and talk to him like I'd normally would. Instead, I only smile politely at him as I walk by and take my seat on the train. If Harry says it's too dangerous on the subway to be with him, then it's too dangerous. I know - and I've seen for myself - that he's right. 

Of course, Harry has a job as well and he's just as busy as me. I don't see and hear from him over the next few weeks although I do receive a few brief texts from him, telling me that he's been in a lot of important meetings. The times when Harry is busy are the times when I'm most bored. I'm back at my flat now because I've been working these extra hours, I'm always tired and it sucks sometimes that both Zayn and Liam have girlfriends. If Liam is with Sophia, Zayn stays in with me and talks with me and we watch movies. If Zayn is out with Perrie, it's Liam's turn. 

It seemed to work out pretty well for about a week or so before both Zayn and Liam got frustrated with me and demanded that I needed a night out. So that's exactly what I did. I freshened up a bit and they took me out to Funky Buddha - promising me that drinks were on them and I couldn't really say no to that. 

Half way through the night, I'm completely exhausted. I end up catching up with Ben and some of his pals, which is nice until it gets so crowded and I begin to feel claustrophobic and a tad sweaty from the heat. I excuse myself from the crowd and head out the entrance for some fresh air and I have no idea that Ben had followed me out until I catch him breathlessly standing next to me. 

"You okay?" Ben slurs, a bit tipsy himself. 

I nod in reply, not really convincing myself or Ben. 

"Hey, mate, Liam spoke to me. I'm sorry for working you to hard, 'll right? I just really -really like you." Ben laughs awkwardly, a hand on my shoulder. I'm going to kill Liam. I really am. 

"That's okay." I shake my head dismissively and he grins lazily. 

"No hard feelings, eh?" He grins and I nod in agreement although I'm stunned when his lips come crashing down on mine and I quickly push him away so that he stumbles backward but it only encourages him. "C'mon Ni, you said no hard feelings." He laughs and moves forward again. I'm about to slap him when a body shields me from him. 

"Hey! When a guy says no, he means no. Take the hint, asshole." Harry snaps, coming in between the gap between me and Ben to punch him in the face. My eyes widen in horror as Ben clasps his hand to his face, massaging it. 

"Harry-" I begin to warn but I'm too late. Harry swings another hit at Ben and this time, Ben falls to the ground, covered in mud. I'm frozen on the spot and I don't know what to do but I'm saved by Zayn and Liam who pull Harry back once he's aimed a kick at Ben's stomach. Zayn and Liam begin to restrain him until he calms down - pulling his arms behind his back, Liam's arms around his shoulders so he couldn't move. Looks like Liam's working out worked out after all. He's the only person I know that's actually stronger than Harry, and that's saying something.