Chapter 31.

Niall

There's been a lot going on my mind recently. Most of it is what Adam, the police guy had told me about protecting somebody I cared about. You see, I was in a bit dilemma. I had his business card with his number on it and I wanted to call him and tell him about Cassandra and everything I know about her but at the same time...I didn't want to expose Harry. Cassandra literally got Harry to do all her dirty work for her. Cassandra turned Harry into a robot practically. She made him turn off all his emotions until he felt nothing but pain and remorse and with Harry having all that turned back on again, he'd lose everything he held most dear.

I know that Harry wants to get rid of Cassandra as much as I do but he's scared and he's just too afraid to admit it. He's tried, a number of times I think, to be shot from Cassandra but Cassandra has so much control, so much power over Harry's life that Harry's too afraid to lose her. You see my dilemma?

I stare at the card Adam had given me, debating on what to do. I'm about to ring the number when the doorbell rings. Frowning, I get up to answer up and three people stand the doorway. Two males and a female, all dressed in uniforms. Two of the men are wearing trench coats and the female is dressed in tight jeans and a leather jacket, with her hair tied up in some sort of professional bun. I give them a puzzled look as they all exchange glances.

"Mr. Horan, we are the CIA. A word, please?" The male leader asks kindly, as the three of them hold up their badges of identity. I gulp and nod hesitantly, stepping aside. My mother is out of town for the weekend, on some sort of work course. She weren't to know about this.

"We'd like to talk to you about a Mr. Harry Styles." The female begins and I freeze, staring at them.

"W-would you like a cup of tea?" I offer nervously and they all smile at me. Suddenly I feel very small.

"That's very kind of you, Mr. Horan but we're on a tight schedule I'm afraid." The female says as I gesture to the sofas in the living room.

"It's Niall." I correct her and her eyes widen.

"Oh, how rude of me! We haven't even formally introduced ourselves yet. I'm special agent Sarah McKinley. On my right is special agent Scott Fisher and this our boss, very special agent James Finlay. We believe that you currently have some sorry of connection with Harry?" She begins. My mouth is dry.

"H-how did you know that?" I croak. Sarah and Scott exchange smug glances.

"We are very good at what we do, Niall. Please don't underestimate us." She says and I nod shakily.

"W-what about Harry and I?" I ask.

"We're aware of what's going on, Niall. We've known from day one that Harry is working for a certain assassin called Cassandra. We know that she is trying to steal top secret government information and use it to sell black market weapons, lethal drugs etc for money. She is currently on the road to being a con artist. She's bringing in recruits to steal valuable belongings from the government and the community and use it for herself. Now, we believe she is trying to recruit Harry into doing her dirty con work for her." Sarah explains. My mouth falls open and forms in the shape of an 'o'.

"We are also aware of Louis and the pen drive and Nadine. We've all agreed to place them in some sort of government protection unit we get Cassandra off the streets and out of our lives for good." Sarah continues.

"You're not going to do anything to Harry, are you?" I ask worriedly and she smiles sympathetically at me.

"No, we're not going to hurt him. We'd just like a little chat with him. That's where you come in."she adds and I raise my eyebrows.