Chapter 43.

Niall

I wake up to the sound of Cara's crying. I turn over and look at the clock, which reads 3am in the morning. I groan sleepily, rubbing my eyes before turning back toward Harry, who's just stirring awake. I whimper a little and trace my finger tips down his chest, pouting at him before he sits up and pushes the blankets aside.

"I swear, I'm rooting for the day that Cara finally sleeps the whole night through." Harry sighs, his shadow sauntering into Cara's bedroom. I laugh sleepily before turning around and going back into a deep slumber.

When I wake up again that morning, I walk into the kitchen to find Harry feeding Cara by a bottle. The sight is mesmerizing, causing something tight to tug at my heart. He's looking down at her with a grin spread on his face, Cara's hands are reaching out to the bottle that Harry's holding to feed her. Cara is looking back up at Harry with so much fondness that it was clear they loved each other.

The rest of the day was slow for me. I had the day off work so I had Harry all to my self. Except, I didn't. He was too preoccupied with Cara to even notice I was here. Don't get me wrong, he acknowledged me once or twice before going back to cooing at Cara.

At dinner time, Harry and I were curled up on the sofa next to each other. We were watching some new sitcom on the TV, the volume low as Cara was sleeping in her cot. Harry's hand is laying protectively on my lap, near my crotch and I can't help but glance sideways. Does he honestly not realize what he does to me? He's so beautiful, it's unreal. His green eyes are fixed on the screen, his hair lying on his shoulders in a wavy state because he didn't bother drying it this morning. His muscles are fixed perfectly under a dark green button down shirt and he's wearing black jeans. He's literally perfect.

The brightness of the scree is illuminating against Harry's pale complexion. His face lights up and he bursts into laughter whenever something funny happens in the sitcom.

I reach out to kiss him. He's stunned, he muffles my name a few times before he starts to kiss me back. He pushes me back against the sofa, causing me to feel a little bit squashed but I don't mind. His finger tips trace up my abdomen, above the waistband of my jeans and I squirm under his touch.

I lean into him, wrapping my arms around his neck and he continues to kiss me intimately. He starts to kiss down my neck when the baby monitor on the coffee table starts to cry, coming from Cara's bedroom. I exhale deeply, pulling away from him. He whimpers softly at the loss of contact and he reluctantly stands up and saunters into Cara's bedroom.

It takes over and hour for Cara to finally calm down but I've lost my patience by then. I run a hand through my hair impatiently. The sitcom has long gone ended and Harry's still in Cara's room. I head into Harry's bedroom and notice that Harry had fallen completely asleep, with Cara by his side.

I click my tongue and head back into the living room. I grab my jacket which is lying over a chair and my keys, my phone and wallet before heading out. I walk to Liam's flat and chap on the door. After him telling me to enter, I walk into the flat to find him curled up on the sofa with Sophia.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realise you had company..." I trail off, gesturing to Sophia who waves her hand dismissively

"Don't mind me. I'm just going off to bed. Goodnight, Niall." Sophia smiles at me and heads off into Liam's bedroom after giving Liam a quick kiss.

Liam looks up at me and waves, beckoning me to sit next to him. He shuffles the blankets more over to my side so I could cuddle into them. Liam studies me curoiusly.

"Did an octopus snog your face off or something?" He asks and I blink at him.

"What?"

"Your lips, they're swollen as hell. Don't even get me started on the hickeys on your neck." Liam snorts and I blush, massaging my sore lips.