Chapter 49.

Niall

I wake up the next morning to an empty space next to me. I look around and realise that Harry is gone. I'm lying naked myself, feeling nothing but dread and embarrassment. I was so drunk last night that I had let Harry join me and have sex with me. I throw myself back on my pillows in despair and run my hands down my face. 

I then decide to get up – as I was lying in a messily stained bed and I head into the kitchen without bothering to put on any clothes except my boxers. I go to clear up my room; the dirty clothes and emptying the bin – which was filled with used condoms. I don't know many times Harry and I had sex last night but judging by the way I feel right now, it was probably more than once.

I'm about to head into the kitchen, searching for Harry for a bit only to realise it's no use. I groan when I enter the kitchen, as there's loads of empty bottles but after I've cleared them all, I head back into the living room. I'm about to put on the TV when I hear a knock on the door.

It's Harry.

I don't bother greeting him, yet I leave the door open for him. When he's in the hallway and he closes the door, I turn around to face him. He doesn't say anything so I'm first to talk.

"Where did you?" I ask curiously, as he's fully dressed in yesterday's clothes.

"I had to see Cara. She's still with my mum." He shrugs and I sigh heavily. There it was. That feeling again. That feeling of rejection, knowing that she was more important.

"Harry, about last night..."

"It was just a "spur in the moment" thing, nothing special." He shrugs his shoulders and at that, anger boils inside me.

"Nothing special?!" I repeat, a little loudly. He looks up and winces.

"Well, we were both drunk-"

"So that's all I was to you last night?! Just another casual fuck again?!" I exclaim and his eyes widen.

"No!" He protests.

"Then, what was I? Because I sure as hell can't figure it out." I challenge and he buries his face in his hands. My heart sinks. He can't even answer. Typical. That's when the tears start to roll down my cheeks and I sit on the edge of the sofa. He hears me sniffling and he looks up at me again. I'm too tired to even attempt to hide my tears. 

"No...Niall." He croaks and strolls over to me. He bends down, his arms resting down on my knees as he gives me a pleading, pouting look. I squeeze my eyes shut as I can feel his fingertips brushing away the stray tears. Is this it? Is this the only way I'm going to get attention from him? If I put myself in danger if I'm somewhat upset?

I can feel him make his way up, so that he's eye level with me but my eyes are still shut. I can feel his breath against neck, until his lips reach mine and he's kissing me. I gasp and pull away from him, my eyes shooting open. I stand up and brush past him, moving away from him.

"Last night-"

"Look, I really needed to talk to you." Harry interrupts and I frown at him. My heart starts to hammer against my chest as he has trouble with his words. "Ithinkweshouldbreakup." He says suddenly, causing my heart to stop. I stop scuffing my shoe against the floor and look up at him.

"What?"

"What I mean is," he says more steadily, "is that we should take a break." He confesses.

".How long for?" I ask, trying hard not to let the anger get to me. But it was becoming excruciatingly difficult.

"I don't know." He admits and I scoff.