Chapter 9.

I end up having a lunch date with Ben. I don't know how it came to this. I mean, Ben's my manager. He's Liam's friend. I don't know what I'm doing. All I know, is that I'm upset. I'm disgusted with myself and I loath myself. I loath myself for falling for the most irritable, arrogant dick in the world. Harry Styles. I hate this. I hate feeling so pathetic.

Ben is good to me. He takes care of me and to be honest, I don't know how he still has the patience for me. He's been watching over me for Liam ever since he gave me this job. Funnily enough, he reminds me a bit of Louis. He's good-looking, funny, witty. And most of all, caring. I think that's why I went for him. Because of Louis. There's still a single part of me inside that longs for Harry.

As ironically as it sounds, we have lunch at Starbcuks. We talk and laugh over coffee, that is until a familiar face shows up.

"Hello, Blondie."

I look up and see Harry standing before our table, looking as handsome as always. I huff and face a Ben again, who has a huge smirk on his face as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate. I ignore Harry and continue to eat.

"Blondie, can I talk to you for a second?"

I decide to play dumb. "Do you hear something? I can hear this really, really annoying voice." I say playfully and Ben laughs at us.

"Blondie, don't play with me. I'll beg if you want me to." Harry suggests and I look up at him hopefully. I watch him as he kneels down onto his knees, his elbows resting on the table. A few customers nearby turn to stare at us and I feel a little self-cautious, my cheeks going pink.

"Okay, since you begged." I blush and he smirks. I excuse myself from Ben and take Harry's hand, guiding him outside to the entrance.

"What?" I heave a deep sigh and fold my arms across my chest.

"You haven't answered my texts or returned my calls." He breaths and I raise an eyebrow.

"Hmmm, I wonder why." I scoff. Harry frowns.

"My batteries dead and I can't find my charger." I lie bleakly. Still frowning, Harry reaches forward and digs his hand into my back jeans pocket, bringing out my phone and I blush furiously when he sees its fully charged.

"Bullshit." He sighs, showing me my lock screen - which is a picture of me, Zayn and Liam.

I don't say anything. "Hmmm. Nice picture. I wonder how Zayn and Liam would feel if I held them hostage until you talked to me." Harry says thoughtfully. I roll my eyes and snatch my phone off of him.

"Don't patronize me, I've already lost so much since I met you." I admit and he frowns again.

"What have you had to lose?"

"My virginity." I blurt out before I can stop myself. I blush furiously and there's an awkward silence between us.

"Shit." He curses, resting his forehead against the wall next us, punching it a little.

I scoff again and he confused at me.

"What?"

"See, that's the thing. You're not even gonna say sorry. I know you can't, but still. You're an asshole and you're never gonna change. This - whatever this is, Harry - it's never gonna work out. I like you, a lot, and I've told you over and over just how much but you're never gonna take the hint and I'm tired of wasting of my time over people like you. I'm sorry, but we're done." I explain. I push his arm down, which was blocking my path, and walk back into Starbucks to greet Ben again.

I sigh heavily as I sit back down and Ben looks up at me.

"You okay?" He asks, concerned.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I smile and I know he's not really convinced but he doesn't say anything. I watch his eyes follow to the entrance and when I follow his gaze, I realize that Harry's still there. I watch him run his hands down his face in exhaustion before he heaves a deep sigh and disappears.