Chapter 37.

Niall

After Harry's voicemail, I've done nothing but cry. Without anybody seeing me, of course. Harry's voicemail just made me feel guilty, especially after kissing Bresi although Bresi has been doing a freakishly good job in making me feel not-so-guilty. By kissing him again. There has been so many times where I want to phone Harry and ask him how he's getting on but at the same time I don't want to get his hopes up and let him think that we were getting back together.

I'm currently sitting on my sofa in a pair of sweats again, with my arms wrapped around a cushion from the couch. There's some tennis game on and I'm watching that with my knees propped against the cushion when Bresi appears down the stairs, freshly dressed. We both smile briefly at each other and he sits down next to me.

"I was thinking you and I could go and play golf today." Bresi suggests and I raise an eyebrow.

"Are you asking me out?" I tease and he laughs.

"A little bit." He admits and I sigh.

"I dunno, Bresi..." I trail off, thinking hard. Suppose going out with Bresi would be a good thing for me. After all, he's only trying to make me happy. If this was a fantasy, he'd be my Jacob to my Bella and Harry would be my Edward. I sigh again, biting down on my lower lip. "I guess one game wouldn't hurt." I finally give in and he grins and hops off the sofa to get the gear.

It turns out, one game could hurt. Greg meets up with us some time later and I find myself limping toward the golf buggy in the roasting sunshine.

"What happened?" Greg frowns, his golf bag slung over his shoulder.

"I may or may not have fell off the golf buggy." I admit sheepishly. Greg frowns further.

"How on Earth did that happen?" He asks.

Bresi steps in to explain. "Well, I might have been driving while Niall was trying to get out of the buggy, and...yeah." He says, shooting a nervous glance towards me.

"Can you walk, Niall?" Greg asks, peering at me curiously. I try to walk but I can't been put the full weight on my leg so I end up limping toward Greg. Greg heaves a deep sigh and runs a hand through his hair. "We need to take him to the hospital." He decides and I look up at him.

"What?" I exclaim.

"Ni, you had an operation in that leg when you were sixteen. Don't you think it'd be wise to get it checked out?" He asks and I huff, knowing he's right.

"I'll take him." Bresi says firmly, wrapping a hand around my waste. Greg frowns at the gesture, his eyes darting between us both as if he's trying to figure us out. I can feel myself blushing furiously.

"Okay." Greg replies and Bresi helps me into the golf buggy. We bid goodbye to Greg and Bresi drives us off. When we reach the car park, he gives me as much support as possible as we make our way toward the car. At the hospital, we're told to wait in the waiting area until someone calls for me and when they do, I'm given an X-Ray and after that, we're left waiting in the doctors room for the results in complete silence.

"I'm really sorry about your leg, Ni." Bresi breaths, breaking the awkward the silence.

"It's okay." I shaky my head dismissively. He bites his lower lip, staring at me intensively.

"I could make it up to you." He offers and I look at him.

"By doing what?" I ask curiously.

"I could take you out? Like...on a date?" He suggests shyly and I blink at him.

"Wow." I breath. Fifteen year old me is on cloud nine right now. "Um..." I trail off, unsure of what to say. I'm trying to way out the pros and cons of dating Bresi. In a way, it would be good for me to get over Harry and after all, it'll be something I've always wanted but then again...I still love Harry and he knows it. He knows he'd be a rebound and it'd be nothing more than a fling and I'd just feel guilty for tagging him along like that. I open my mouth to speak when the door opens and the nurse comes back in with my results.