Chapter 25.

Niall

Taylor drives us to Heathrow airport the following Friday and I say goodbye to Liam at the entrance (Zayn doesn't even bother to show up) and Harry says goodbye to Nadine who also comes. He simply bent down on one knee so that he was eye level with the baby bump, kisses Nadine's belly button and says, "Take care of the little one for me." Before kissing Nadine on the cheek goodbye. 

It's a ten hour flight from London to Los Angles and when we arrive there, it's scorching hot. I have to take off my jacket and wrap it around my waist as I haul my suitcase to the nearest cab with Harry. Harry's mansion is located in a resort island, surrounded by palm trees and looking onto the deep blue ocean. The outside walls are white and it's three stories high with some kind of tower at the top and a massive pool at the back which has about three flights of steps leading down to it in the back yard.

Black iron gates and wild bushes surround and protect the mansion and Harry hands the cab driver a generous tip as we head out. I'm surprised when I see a maid come out of the house to greet Harry and she helps take Harry's suitcase and my own into the house. She doesn't give me any attention though as she scurries back inside and for some reason I'm feeling very nervous and out of place. However, Harry is completely content and at ease as his hand settles on the small of my back and he guides me into the house, where the double glass doors open as we enter.

My jaw literally drops as I take in the stunning mansion. Marble, spiral staircases lead up to the second floor and there's beautiful French paintings hung on the gleaming white walls along the way. The lobby is smaller than the actual living room itself and there's a small bar next to the kitchen island. Like Cassandra's mansion, there's a grand piano sitting in the center of the mansion, underneath some sort of maroon rug with lace at the side.

Cassandra's mansion isn't nearly as good as this one though. This one is three times bigger and better. A few maids are walking around in heels, dusting shelves or polishing the leather sofas or vacuuming the fluffy white rugs in the living room. They're all blonde and pretty and petite and have their hair tied up in some sort of tight bun. They make me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"You don't have to look so nervous." Harry suddenly says in my ear and I jump, realizing that he's still there.

"I'm not." I say defensively and Harry chuckles.

A maid rushes over to me and asks, "Would you like me to take your jacket for you, sir?" She had an English accent. I sturdily unwrap my jacket around my waist and hand it over to her, thanking her in the process. "Where would you like it, Mr. Styles?" She turns to Harry.

"Bedroom number two on the second floor, please." Harry replies politely. With a quick nod and a brief smile, she hurries off.

"You don't have them call you by your first name?" I ask, with interest.

"Cassandra doesn't allow me to have any sort of relationship with them other than professional." Harry admits, with a hint of annoyance.

"Of course she doesn't." I scoff, shaking my head in disbelief. He smiles pityingly at me before heading into the kitchen island. I'm standing still because I'm intimidated. I'm intimidated by how rich and powerful and dangerous Harry is again. Over the past few months, I've forgotten about everything that happened since I first met him. I've forgotten how I met him. If Harry hadn't rescued me from the kidnapping then I wouldn't be here at all.

I can tell that Harry's nervous now. He's anxious as too how I'm taking all this in. Four months ago, he wouldn't even have thought about bringing me here. Then again, four months ago he wouldn't even have thought about telling me that he'd knocked up his ex girlfriend but he did. So baby steps, I suppose. In fact, if anything, this is a huge step for Harry. I know that he's showing me how much he cares, how much he wants me in his life and I'd happily be in it with open arms. I can't help but feel a little flattered and warm at how much Harry cares for me.