Chapter 34

Author POV

Damon and his friends are already gone. It's me and Liza who are still left here. A long moment of silence and awkwardness was felt between us. I badly want to stand from my chair and get out of here, but my body is not listening.

I'm currently waiting for Aris here so that we can go home together. Damon doesn't want me to go anywhere else without my brother, and because I'm a very diligent kind of boyfriend, I just followed him. I don't know why Liza is still here, and I don't have any plan to ask her.

I was just busy scrolling my phone when I suddenly heard someone talk beside me

"ACE, CAN WE TALK." I quickly look at her.

I was stunned upon hearing her asked me that she wants to talk to me. What the hell this girl wants! I tried to ignore her but...

"Uhm, Ace?? Did you not hear me? Please, can we talk?" She suddenly speaks again. This time she even put her hands on me. I don't think I still have a choice but stop ignoring her.

I gradually moved my phone back to my bag and faced her. I tried to force myself to smile at her, even though I want to strangle her.

Am I being wrong because of this?? I tried to force myself to smile at her.

"Of course we can!" I smilingly said to her. "It's not as if I have a choice"(I said this last part in a whisper)

"Uhmmm, do you have any problem with me? Don't get me wrong, but it seems that you have been avoiding me. If I tried to talk to you, you're not talking to me?" She sadly said to me. I was kind of shocked that she can sense that I'm not okay with her. I thought her full attention is with my boyfriend. I guess I was wrong! I remained calm and smiled at her.

"What do you mean by that?" I smilingly asked her.

"uhmm, to tell you the truth. Actually, I got used to people not liking me. Maybe this is why I choose to go back here to Thailand after three years of being away. I really tried to fit in there at my University in the US, but it seems that they really don't like me. Maybe because of my attitude or me being not like them who was born there. I'm used to being an outcast. That is why I'm so happy that I go back here and the old people that I get used to seeing as my friends are still here, but I can also sense that I'm an intruder with you and Damon? Am I right?" I can't help but cringe on my seat upon hearing what she said. I sit up straight and face her. I don't know what I should answer her. Am I obvious even though I'm not speaking?

"Ahhh ehh!!" I can't answer her straight. I can see how sad her face became. I'm starting to feel different for her. Earlier, I badly want to hurt her. Now I want to talk to her more, to know her more?

What is happening to me?

"It's true, right??" She sadly asked me. I just nodded at her as an answer. I guess we are already talking. Why not tell everything to each other. It's already here!!

"So I'm right!! I'm sorry if you feel that I'm intruding on your life or your relationship with Damon. It's never my intention, maybe because I long for this kind of relationship. Me having friends again that I forget to think about other people again!! I'm really sorry!" She sadly said to me. I can't help but went near her and tried to ease her sadness

"You know, maybe it's my fault too. I was shocked by your sudden presence, and when I learned that you and Damon had a past relationship with each other that I suddenly felt threatened that you might have come back here to claim what's originally yours. I kind of feel insecure and overwhelmed with how well you and Damon know each other. You have a history that I can never compete on!! I was just starting to feel..." She didn't let me finish