Chapter 36

Damon POV

My baby is currently peacefully sleeping beside me. Until now, I still can't believe that I have him in my arms, holding him and making him feel my love. I understand why he will ask me those questions. I don't want to admit it, but I know why he suddenly feels this way. I know it because I can feel it. I know how much my lack of communication with him has been bothering him for quite some time now.

I want to be honest with him, but I'm too scared to risk it. I'm too frightened of the possibility that upon learning who I am and about my past. My dark past!! Everything about Ace is beautiful and bright. I'm too afraid that my past will be why Ace sees that I'm nothing compared to him. I'm so scared to lose him that I always do not tell him anything about my past and family.

But then again, my friend Liza talk to me about it. She made me realized one thing that I always try to avoid and not think about. She suddenly asked me about the progress of our relationship and if I already told Ace everything about myself. Liza was all aware how much secretive I am regarding my whole life. She didn't tell me directly before, but I can feel that this is the main reason why we broke up before.

Liza and Ace have been like best friends now!! I don't know what happened. Suddenly they are friends when at first they barely talk to each other but of course! I'm so happy about it. I would love for Ace to like her because she is my friend. Besides the Jokers!! She is the only person I allowed to be my friend.

Flashback

"Why are you so afraid, Damon? I can see that he loves you!! Why are you so afraid to open up and let him fully in! He has the right to know all about the man he loves. How can he fully relay and trust you if you are keeping this act of yours? Maybe this is why he's been keeping what he feels. Maybe this is the reason why he's been hesitant to tell you everything about him. You told me that his family already knows about you two, and he said that his parents love you, but you haven't been able to meet them in person? Aren't you a little curious why??" Liza asked me. We are currently in my class waiting for my professor. We are both Engineering but different majors. Her class got dismissed, so she chooses to go here.

"No?" I told her, I don't mind, as long as Ace and I are happy. I'm okay with everything

"Oh, God!! Damon!! Sometimes!! You are naive!! Relationships shouldn't be like rainbows and merry things only!! You are serious with him, right?" She asked me

"Of course I am!! Some day, I will ask him to be my partner forever!! I can't see my life without him anymore!" I firmly said to her. Whenever I will imagine what my future will be like, It's always with him!!

"So that's it! How can you fully go further if you seem to be warry about fully opening yourself to each other? A relationship is not all about Love, Damon!! You have to feel secured and trust your partner fully!! Not just with love but everything!! How can he trust you or agree to be with you!! If he still feels a little a bit warry about you and if he is really sure about you." Liza seriously said to me

"But we are already happy!! I don't want to complicate and ruin our relationship now. We are so happy now!" I said to her

"But are you really?? Tell me, Damon!! Is this really enough?? Maybe for you because you got used to this but him? Do you think he is pleased!! Yes! I can see that he is happy whenever he is with you, but deep inside, I know he still feels something is missing!! I've been there, Damon!! Remember?" Liza said to me. I just looked at her. I don't know what to tell her because deep inside, I realized that everything she was saying is true.

"Ahh ehhh" I cannot seem to form a word

"We've been here before, Damon, and look what happen to us!! I'm so in love with you at that time, remember, and I know even just a little you love me too, but we still end up apart from each other because no matter how much you both love each other! It will never be enough, especially if you cannot trust your partner!! It's like the spice in our relationship went away!! Everything is just the usual. I remember feeling so tired of our scenario. Let me ask you!! Aren't you afraid that Ace might feel and end up the same!! Do you want to lose him too!!" I feel the sudden fear run through my very body upon hearing her said that Ace might leave me. I can never let that happen!! Never!!!