Epilogue

Ace POV

"And to award the most promising award for the Civil Engineering Course. I'm pleased to call on stage the name of our last awardee! He is the best student any dean like me had to encounter my whole career. He is a smart, respectable, and very responsible student who deserves to be called the best. Our one and only. Tharn Damon Kirigun. Summa Cum Laude"

I was so happy watching my boyfriend stand on the stage, ready to receive his award. His dream finally came true! He graduated college with honors. After all the things that Damon had to face and encounter just to be here! Here he is, receiving the fruit of his sacrifices.

I did have my award earlier! I graduated as one of the Cumlaude of our Course, while Aris graduated as Summa Cum-laude too in his program! My parents were so proud of me. My dad is there upstage with the other University Head giving the awards. Usually, my dad will just ask somebody to be his representative on his behalf because he was so busy, but not this time. It's mine and Aris's graduation day, so he will always make this exemption.

The whole University finally knew who I was really and as expected, They were all shocked about when my name was called. As in my real name, Type Ace Kanawut Suppasit. They were shocked when they heard my name! The fact that it is my father, who is also the owner of this school, who called me on stage and told everyone how proud as a father he was with me is more shocking to them.

I chose to ignore it and just be happy with that moment. I'm so glad to receive my award in front of my proud dad. I'm not like before. I finally dare to deal with how this is how my life should be!! I'm the son of one of the most powerful men in the country, and instead of being shy about it, I should be proud of it. I am carrying the proud and remarkable legacy of my family. The gift was built with pure honesty and hard work.

I learned to see my privileges, not as hindrances, but as an opportunity to become better and show other people that I may be a privilege, but this is still me! The happy and straightforward Type Ace Suppasit who will always be open to help other people. I don't need to hide and pretend who I am but instead! I have to be proud of it because I know that no matter what, I have the most supportive family that will always be behind me, supporting everything that I may face in the future. Don't forget that I have the most loving boyfriend who will cherish and love me my whole life.

I see my gorgeous boyfriend standing by the podium, ready to do his speech!! I can only be more proud of him!! I'm very happy for him!!

"To our Chief Executive Mentor, Dr. Tan, our School President, Dr. Marcial, our Vice President for Academics and Research, Dr. Ruiz, our Vice President for Administration, Ms. Tizon, our distinguished Guest Speaker, Mr. Lee, officers, the Deans of the different colleges, faculty members, staff, parents, friends and guests, a blessed afternoon, and to my fellow graduates, Congratulations!

Now, before any of you say that I am a self-absorbed, egotistic, or arrogant being, or even think I don't deserve this award because I'm not the best, let me ask you a question: what does it mean to be the best? If we are going to define the said word according to the standards of our society, the best may represent the most intelligent, the most talented in any given skill, the most gifted of all, or simply the one who has all that he needs and is more significantt than anyone else.

Growing up, believe me, that is precisely how I grasped the concept. The more medals you get means you're the smartest. The more trophies you receive, the better and the higher your grades are. The better you are, the more other people are afraid of you! You will always be at the top. This is why I spend most of my college scaring other people! That they can never cross me or else!