1. The truth

Marinette's POV

MIRACULOUS SIMPLY THE BEST. UP TO THE TEST WHEN THINGS GO WRONG. MIRACULOUS THE LUCKIEST, POWER OF LOVE-

The alarm. It had to be the alarm.

I was frustrated. Can't a girl just get her beauty sleep? However, I was not as cranky as on other days since I went to bed early last night, unlike other days when I and my partner, Cat noir have to protect Paris and have night patrols from thieves etc. We decided to take the day off yesterday. Heroes need rest too you know. I yawned as I got up and looked up seeing Tikki flying toward me.

"Good morning Marinette! For once you woke up on time. Usually, you would just turn off the alarm and sleep longer and I have to be your mother pushing you to wake you up." She stifled out a tiny giggle.

"Haha! Very funny Tikki." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways Tikki let's get ready and head down to breakfast. Plus, I feel like wearing something different today since I woke up early. Can you pick one for me?"

"Sure Marinette. Anything for my favourite holder." I went to bathe while Tikki went to pick up a dress for me

I came out of the bathroom and saw what Tikki picked for me.

She gave me a black dress with prints of flowers, a gold banded necklace and a black bag to go with it. I wore a peach pink lipstick that matched the colours of the flowers on my dress.

"Thanks, Tikki. It's a great outfit to start a brand new day," I told her as I happily put on my clothes. I then decided to leave my hair down today instead of my signature pigtails. I happily went downstairs for breakfast after getting ready.

My parents were whispering something. All I could hear was, "We should tell-two weeks-parents." What were they talking about??? I decided to confront them. They have been keeping a lot of things from me. What was it this time? Ugh!

"Maman, Papa, is there anything you would like to tell me? Please don't hide anything. I am your daughter!" I asked in a stern tone.

"Well Marinette, it is time you knew about your past." I had a million questions. What were my parents talking about? "Marinette we are not your biological parents." They wanted to continue but couldn't. I interrupted them.

"What do mean?" I started sobbing. Maybe this was just a nightmare. This isn't real, I told to myself. How can they not be my real parents? They were sweet, caring and every nice word I could think of. I love my life with them being my parents and me being Ladybug but what I am supposed to do? My parents embraced me with a tight hug.

"I am sorry Marinette but it is real. We are not your parents but we love you very much. We treat you like our own child and we love you. Not a day we thought you were not our child. However, now you have to know about your past."

I tried to calm down as I nodded my head signalling them to continue.

"Well, it all started years back when you were just a baby. You were born in China. Your father, King Felix and your mother, Queen Bridgette the King and Queen of China and France. You were so cute. Well, Sabine and I were your parents' secretaries. We were the ones who plan everything for your parents. And of course, your parents took care of us like their family. That day we were celebrating your first ever birthday. Everyone all over the kingdom was invited just to see you. However, when you were shown in the public, there was a shooting sound. Assassins. There were assassins wanting to kill you because you were the next in line for the throne. The only thing your parents could do was to ask us to keep you safe in France and hence from that they on we took care of you," Tom explained.

Tears welled up in my eyes and flowed down like rivulets. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "I am a princess and my parents are the king and queen of China and France. Which means I have been leaving in the same country with them too." I was shocked.