40. Old mansion

"Please be careful. They are dangerous." He said worried. Bridgette nodded her head agreeing but did not speak as all her energy was drained. "We will be careful. But we have to got now. We don't want to loose them," Nathaniel replied, getting three nods. The four went out of the window once more, just in time for the car to vroom pass them.

The followed them from a distance, praying that everything would be alright. Only fate can tell.

3rd person's POV

It was seven in the evening and the sun was setting. The car speeded through a nearby forest, breaking thin branches of trees and startling woodland creatures. Rumbling of the ground and rustling of the leaves were heard though out the forest, angering the four superheroes. Merciless creatures. They wanted to stop them from hurting anymore of Mother Nature but they were controlling their actions, only to prevent them from further destruction in the future. They frowned as they followed the criminals.

They have mission and they have to fulfil it. Their empathy cannot get in the way on their plan. It was to keep the people of France safe but now it is to keep the world safe. They were ruthless criminals, only thinking of themselves. No regret. No mindfulness. That's who they are. No one will ever understand them, except for themselves.

They soon found themselves, a mile away from what they thought was a secret hideout. It looked dilapidated. The atmosphere was chilly and the place was covered in fog, partially because of the climate and partially because of the time. It was getting late already.

The building was old and the place looked demolished, small pieces of debris covering the land on which, the once mansion was on. The roof of the destroyed building stood crooked while the fundamental structures of broken mansion was breaking into scraps. Exactly how a secret hideout would look like. The trees swayed and the wind brought them chills down their spine.

The same thing was running through all of their heads. "I've seen this movies but I never thought I would experience this in real life!" They looked at each other and gulped. The atmosphere was already bad enough.

The slowly landed lightly on a nearby arc as they saw the car park at the side of the building. The frightened assassins quietly took steps towards the entrance and pushed the enormous door open as the floor creaked and the building shook. Even they look frightened by the appearance of their hideout. As the assassins walked through the door, the heroes turned to each other for a plan.

"What are we going to do now, M'lady?" Chat noir asked the guardian for a plan. Ladybug thought for a minute before, her eyebrows quirking before answering.

"Our first priority is to get my father back. I know that might be selfish but we need China's and France's King back before proceeding to catch the assassins. At least, the people of our kingdom may be less petrified with the King back on the throne. We might not even know how many people there are in that place." Ladybug replied.

"You're not being selfish, Maribug. Let's do it! China and France needs its King. Wait, that's sounds weird. Saying China and France is too long. How to shorten it? Chiance? No, that's too weird." Chloe started saying as she continued mumbling to herself sidetracking. The three heroes looked at her eyes widening. How could she be chilling and arguing over a name at a time like this?

"Chloe!?" Ladybug looked at her, looking intimidating. "Sorry! But you gotta admit Frina sounds nice," Chloe replied, childishly. All three superheroes stared at the fox miraculous holder in a deadpanned manner. Chloe chuckled nervously and smiled sheepishly.

"Now that there are no more distractions," Ladybug said eyeing Chloe who was smiling nervously before continuing, "we can free my father and put a stop to this." Everybody smiled, ready to kick some butt and put China and France, or how Chloe puts it, Frina, at peace. "Let's go! Us against the world again!" Carapace said, earning a victorious grin from everyone. Though they didn't win anything yet, taking the initiative was already a victory.