43. Collapsed

"Everything will be ok, buginette," Chloe reassured her with a hug. Marinette was glad she had many people to rely on. She was glad she had Adrien and her friends with her. She was glad that Chloe was her friend. Never did she realise that one day the female blonde and her would be friend.

She nodded certainly, praying everything would be fine. They promised each other that they would be safe.

The four of them transformed as they parted. Everything was going to be alright, right?

3rd Person's POV

The four of them made their way towards the weaponary room. They prayed hard that they can zoom out the whole mess. They just wanted everything to be over. They wished that they were having a normal life as they tiptoed quietly towards the room filled with array of weapons.

"Maybe this is a bad idea?" Ladybug suddenly said, stopping all movements.

"What do you mean, M'lady? Why are you giving up all of a sudden," Chat noir asked, curving his eyebrows in confusion. Rena and Carapace looked at her, waiting for an answer.

"I mean, we predicted that the assassins will be in the weaponary room and clealy by the different shadows that we can see from under the closed door, we are right. However, this is a weaponary room for goodness sake. The assassins can use any of them to fight us. And there are only four of us," Ladybug said, desperately.

"That is true but assassins always has weapons. The assassins can't possibly use two weapons at the same time, right? However, can't you use your lucky charm? Maybe, you can use your powers to find out how to defeat them." Chloe suggested.

"Yeah, you did make a plane with your powers when the assassins destroyed the plane." Nathaniel continued.

"Yeah, I did make the plane with my lucky charm but I felt as though all my energy got drained out when I thought of what I wanted. And we have to fight the assassins so I can't risk wasting my energy so why don't I just do my lucky charm and let it give me anything. After all, my lucky has always been right." Ladybug said, pondering for a bit. The others nodded in agreement. Ladybug's lucky charm has always done great things.

"Lucky charm!" Ladybug shouted and a miraculous box appeared on Marinette's hand.

"M'lady? Isn't that the box both of us got when we first got our miraculouses? It was when Master Fu was guardian. What is it doing here? Maybe it is a symbol for something else?" Chat noir asked, titling his head.

Ladybug's eyes sparkled. She looked at the three superheroes infront of her. She then looked at herself. Then, she looked at the box. They were all black and red. She realised what she had to do. She opened the miraculous box and there were four coins inside, each with the sign of the miraculouses - the mouse, the goat, the rooster and the dragon.

The mouse miraculous, power of multiplication. The goat miraculous, power of Genisis. The dragon miraculous, power of elemental mimicry. The rooster miraculous, power of sublimation. Marinette broke out into a smile. This have happened previously when her lucky charm showed her to use other miraculous. Four of them, four miraculouses.

But at the same time, a million thoughts were running through her head. What if they betrayed her just like her ex-friends? What if she gets them in danger? Was it worth taking the risk? Master Fu has told her that using more multiple miraculouses will be dangerous. Chloe and Nathaniel had just started yielding their own miraculous, would another one put them is danger? Seconds of thinking turned into minutes of silence.

"M'lady?" She heard Chat noir call to her as she came out of her statue-like state while her heart skipped a beat. "Yeah?" She responded, it was so soft and fragile as if her voice could shatter into tiny broken glasses. Her voice scared her own self but looking at the concern look of her friends, the people who will be there for her, she got back her determination. She took her yo-yo and inserted her hands as she took out the miraculouses. She handed the goat miraculous to Nathaniel, the dragon miraculous to Chat noir, the rooster miraculous to Chloe. The mouse miraculous was for herself. All of them looked confused.

"These are the miraculouses of the dragon, goat, and rooster. You shall use it for the greater good and help me kick this villains butt." Ladybug said half serious, half jokingly. They nodded confidently as they wore their miraculouses. "Orikko, Trixx Unify! Ziggy, Wayzz Unify! Longg, Plagg Unify! Mullo, Tikki Unify!" They said as the transformed.

"Let's go on the count of three, ok? Be careful of Tyler," Ladybug instructed. Ladybug peeped through the gap of the slightly ajar door as she created a plan in her head. "Me and Adrien will take the left side. Chloe and Nathaniel, you guys take the right side. Try to push the assassins out of the weaponry room so that we have a higher chance of winning," Ladybug added. They nodded in affirmation.

"Three..." Ladybug said as everyone looked ready to fight. "Two...one... Go!" Marinette said, her heart rapidly increasing as all of them barged inside the room. The assassins looked stunned as they quickly ran to take their weapons. So many assassins and only four of them. It was a tough battle. They managed to use their unified powers to gradually defeat the assassins.

The assassins' helmets weren't on their head and there was nothing hiding them from their identities. The four of them were shocked to see a few of the castle guards in the group. There was a shard piercing in their heart. They realised that they couldn't trust anyone. It was hard to see who will always be there for you and who wouldn't. It was hard to pour everything to someone because no one is trustable. It was that feeling that you are alone because the next minute someone might betray you.

As Chloe and Nathaniel was fighting, they realised that his father was there too. Nathaniel's breathing started increasing and it felt as though the air was thickening. His eyes widened slightly and his actions started slowing down. "Are you ok? Do you want to go?" Chloe asked really concerned. "No, no. It is fine. I need to do this. I need to face him. I can't forever be afraid of him," Nathaniel said hesitantly, with an uncertain smile. Chloe nodded, unsatisfied. As much as she cared for him, she has to respect his decisions.

"We are losing. We must win. Bring it," One of the assassins screamed. It was true they were losing and until now they haven't seen Tyler just yet. But what was the it they were talking about. Why were they going to do? Suddenly, a fireball went straight towards Αdrien. Luckily, Nathaniel managed to shield him just in time. They looked at the direction of the source of the balls of fire.

They started shooting it everywhere and anywhere. "Y'all are going to destroy the entire place!" Ladybug screamed. "You are only telling that because we are winning," One assassins said. They really are idiots. Suddenly, a crack made its way to the inner most interior of the room. Just then, a final fireball triggered the entire fundamental structure. The cracks turned into walls overlapping each other and everything started dropping from up.

"We have to go LB," Chat noir shouted. We won't survive in here any longer. The other approved. Ladybug looked the people underneath her. The assassins, as much as they deserved all of this, she can't possibly leave them there to die, can she? But then again she has no choice at all. "We need to go!" Adrien yelled once more. They could only dodge the falling debris for a while. Then, a huge piece of the ceiling crashed onto the ground. As they as, 'Sometimes, you got to be selfish.' Ladybug quickly found her way towards the door they first entered from as the others followed her, Chloe being the last. Their heartbeats were louder than the collapsing mansion.

Then, something caught the corner of Chloe's eyes. It was glowing a colour of indigo. What was it? It was drawn towards her as if telling her something. Curiosity got the better of her as she went in the direction of the mysterious item. "Where are you going," Nathaniel asked. "I'm coming right behind you!" Chloe called out. She walked towards it as the light blinded her eyes. She picked it up gently as looking intensely at it. It was a brooch in the shape of a butterfly.

"Rena!" She heard her name being called. She need get out of the place. They can find out about the mysterious brooch later. Tyler and his men matters first. As she exited the mansion, she felt the entire building demolish behind her. If she were inside for even a second, we wouldn't want to think about it. "Chloe!? You could have almost..." Nathaniel said loudly..

"I'm sorry but we can worry about me later because I see fresh vehicle tracks," Chloe said pointing towards the tyre marks. "Ok. M'lady, are you coming?" Chat noir asked only to see her staring at the destroyed place infront of her. "M'lady?" Adrien called out again. "-Ah yeah?" She asked, coming out of her daze. "We should go. Your parents and Adrien's father could be in danger," Nathaniel said.

"Yeah, let's go," Ladybug replied in the smallest voice ever.

New update after a long time. Thank you for your support guys!!! Vote, comment and follow!!!