4. Prince Cat noir

Ladybug's POV

My eyes went wide saucers. I gulped. I froze and flinched. My heart has never beat so fast in like forever, not even in front of Adrien. I regained my composure as I looked at Chat's face in confusion. How did he figure it out? I didn't say anything. Plus, no one knew the princess of China exists after the assassination.

A million questions started spinning around in my head. How? How? How? We are also not supposed to know our identity. Does he know my real name or just that I am a princess? Either way, I have to deny the fact that I am the princess. It's too dangerous. Chat was looking at me waiting for my response. I started to calm myself internally.

"N-no Chat, I think you have gotten it all wrong. Me? ....Haha! The princess of China? That was a really funny joke, chat," I tried to wave it off, making it as believable as possible. Chat raised his eyebrows first and then furrowed his eyebrows as if staring into my soul.

"Hmm? M'lady? How do explain this? 'Stupid, Prince of England, I have to marry him. I would marry Chat so much more than someone I don't know at all.' I quoted your sentence. And obviously, if you have to marry the Prince of England, you have to be the Princess of China and France. Am I right?" He asked, in a matter-of-fact tone.

What? When did Chat ever learn to use his brain? Ok, maybe he uses his brain but how did he know? I tried to make up an excuse.

"Umm...well...u-umm...that's because-." Before I could say any more, chat cut me off. "Clearly, bugaboo. You are lying. Don't try to cheat me because I know you are," he crossed his arms as he continued looking into my eyes, not wanting to break any eye contact.

I sighed. I gave in. What else could I do? "Fine, chat. You caught me but DON'T YOU DARE TELL ANYONE, YOU GOT IT," I surrendered but growled a bit at the last, gripping onto his tight suit. Chat immediately nodded his head quickly. I let go of him.

Curiosity got the better of me. How did he know? "Chat I do have a question. How did you know? Though I said I have to marry prince England, how did you know I was the princess of specifically China and France? Plus, no one knows the princess lives," I asked him, wondering as looked up into the sky. I waited for a response but didn't get one.

I turned to look at him but found him grinning cheekily from ear to ear. He looked like a dog with two tails though he is a cat.

I honestly thought he would be sad as he said she liked me. Why was he happy? I felt hurt. He was happy that I was going to marry a prince. I felt jealous too. He loved someone else, not me.

Was he playing with my feelings? I thought he love me. Honestly, though I said that I didn't return his feelings, I had a crush on him. Now, he is happy that I am getting married. Jealousy plunged into my heart.

"Chat... Are you even listening? You look so happy. Are you sick?" I asked in confusion. He came back to reality. His grin quickly turned into a smirk. Hmm?

"Of course, Bugaboo. Why wouldn't I be happy?" He asked.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked still in confusion. He started walking towards me. We were mere centimetres apart. He bent down towards me and whispered.

"I am happy. You are the love of my life and this cat is going to marry the love of his life," he said in a tone which made me have shivers down my spine. He immediately came back up straight and looked into my eyes.

He made a look which said something I couldn't figure out. Love. Happiness. What did he mean by that? I am marrying the Prince of England. He said I am marrying him. Unless...

"Y-y-you are..." I started. Before I could continue, he just nodded. I was shocked. Chat is the Prince of England. This means I have to marry him.

"I am sorry." I apologised.

"Sorry for what Bugaboo," he asked.

"Well, I did say 'stupid Prince of England.' The Prince is you. By the way, this is still a lot to take in." I said.

"I am happy, M'lady but I know you don't like me so..." he started rambling.

I placed my finger on his lips, cutting him.

"No chat. Don't you say that, Chat. I am happy it's you. Honestly, I do have a crush on you so don't worry," I assured him. Before he could reply, I yanked his bell and pressed my lips onto his. He snaked his arms around my waist deepening the kiss. I put my hand around his neck and slowly shuffled his soft blonde hair. We kissed for about a few minutes until we had to part to breathe. Blue eyes met the green forest ones. We stared at each other until...

"M'lady, if we know that we have to marry, doesn't that mean our identities would be revealed in 2 weeks during the coronation." He asked. I never really thought about that. Hmm?

"I have an idea chat. Why don't we make this fun? Each of us tells a clue about ourselves, shall we? We have to guess the time we see each other in formal attire." I smiled cheekily.

"Ok, M'lady. We shall. You sure you didn't know you were a princess before because you behave like one," he smirked as he winked.

"Silly kitty. Anyways, my clue is I love designing and art."

"M'lady, that is not even a proper clue. How am I going to find out?" He pouted like a five-year-old.

"Well chat. It is part of the game. You have to find out. Only one clue."

"Fine, this is my clue. I hate modelling though I do it." Hmm? Sounds familiar but I just brushed it off.

"I see. Ok, bye chat. See you later if we have any trouble if not I will see you when I see you, my prince." I curtsied as I gave him a peck on his lips.

"Bye M'lady," he saluted as we took out baton and yo-yo, heading home with a smile plastered on my face.