25. What now?

Adrien's POV

Something caught my eyes when Chloe was scrolling through the channels. "Ugh! There is nothing here to watch!" Chloe pouted. "Go to the previous channel, please." I told Chloe. I just needed to confirm it. She clicked the previous channel. England news channel showing the royal palace. "What adrien? I know you are studious but I didn't know you listen to news," Chloe said as she scrolled back to the slide after that.

"Chloe! Give me the remote, now." I told as I got up the seat and walked towards Chloe, snatching the the remote. Shock plastered all over her face and tears formed on her eyes. I didn't know what I was doing. Anger just engulfed me.

I realised his action, my eyes widened. I didn't know what happened. "Oh my god! I am so so sorry, Chloe. I don't know what came over me! I am sorry. Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Please forgive me but I need to see it. It showed the royal palace." I said, begging for forgiveness as I hugging Chloe. Chloe wiped away her tears. "It is fine, Adrien. We can all agree that I was way meaner than you," Chloe chuckled a bit. Marinette laughed a bit. I-smiled and went back to the seat with the remote.

I changed back the channel. Well, what I was going to see next was something I would never expect.

Breaking news...

Breaking News! We are live right infront of the royal palace in England. Police cars are around the palace. Forensic scientists said that the Queen of England, her highness Emilie was shot at three places the chest twice and the leg once at around 4 when she was helpless and couldn't call the guards immediately. But one of the guard heard some sounds and checked the queen's room and found her lying on the ground. She was unconscious when he came in just then 10 minutes later. The police are now currently investigating the case. All we could do is that the queen will be alright, especially since her son's coronation is soon. Who could be the killer?

What!? I just found that my mother is alive and now she is injured. What kind of the world is this? What did I do to the world that they give me this punishment? What did I do to deserve this?

The reporter was cut off by her assistant before she continued.

Word have spread that the police officers checked the prison below the castle. It seems that four prisoners escaped the prison. They were assassins who attempted to kill the king and queen of England 18 years ago but until now we don't know what happened to king. Now they managed to harm the queen too. Our last hope is the prince. The prince who was brought to a safer place 18 years ago. The prison gates were broken and it looks like they had help. Someone from the castle or someone who rescued them. This is all we know for now. Please don't fret. The corps are doing their best and I am sure they will find them.

Why? I thought everything would be ok. Does father know about this? I will find the assassins! I tried not to cry but it is really hard not to. What would Chloe and Marinette think about me? But tears still formed in my eyes. It stung really hard in my chest, worse than when I am fighting villains. Why? Why is life cruel to me.

Again, someone came and whispered something in the reporters ears. Her face changed into a array of colours. She looked petrified. She looked at the camera, I fear. It looked like there was a lot of thoughts in her head.

What is happening now? Please, nothing worse happen.

I don't know how to break it to you but our beloved queen, well she pronounced dead moments ago by the royal doctors. She was treated by the best doctors but couldn't be saved. England doesn't have a ruler now. We seek your command my prince. Please, citizens of England do not panic. Please do your best to stay in the house while waiting for the corps to catch that assassin. Be patience. Tune in for more information about this later.

No! No! No! This can't be happening! No, please! I...this cannot happen. I didn't meet my mother. Please, no. I will kill the assassins no matter what it take. "I...gotta go to my room," I immediately said as I had hiccups. I didn't wait for their response. I just rushed to my room. Numbness washed over me. I felt that I lost my place in the world. It's cruel and just so unfair. I do my best to save the world but this is what I get I return.

I will not tolerate this. "Plagg!? Let's pay the assassins a little visit, shall we?" I told with a menacing smile. Plagg gulped. I felt sorry for him but things must be done to our little world. But before I could do anything. My room door opened. I guess I forgot to lock it.

What now?