10. Getting ready to be a royalty

Marinette's POV

I reached the bakery. My home. That was when something flash across my mind. The bakery is not going to be my home anymore. I was going to live in a palace. Omg! I saw the door of my bakery. It was closed? Why was it closed? I opened the door and went in. There was a guy in formal black suit and black sunglasses in the living room. He looked like a bodyguard. He was talking with Tom and Sabine.

"Ah! Marinette! You are just in time. This is you personal bodyguard from today till you reach the palace. Remember tomorrow you have to go to China with your class. You can reveal yourself as the princess during the coronation so you will be with your class the entire unless there are special orders. Ok?" My mother said.

The bodyguard just nodded his head. I also nodded my head. I have to get used to being told what to do now that I am a royalty.

"Ok Mari. Go up to your room and start packing. We have placed extra new clothes on your bed. Now that you are princess, you have to wear a much more presentable clothing, ok Mari? Tomorrow your bodyguard will bring you to the airport and he follow you till China." Tom continued.

I just nodded, not saying any word. I went up the stairs to my room. There were a few new clothings on the bed. They looked cute and chic at the same time. I looked through the clothes.

They were beautiful. I packed all the essential things in my pink suitcases with the help of Tikki. After that I went down for dinner. "Hi sweetie. We are also going back to China but our flight is the day after tomorrow," Maman said.

"Oh, I am glad you are going there. It will be a bit awkward to see my biological parents so can you show me how they look like or how are they." I asked my parents as we gathered around out circular table. There was a plate of dumplings and some spaghetti. They looked delicious. "By the way, papa, maman. The food looks delicious." I said, my mouth watering. "Thanks Mari," my dad chuckled and then continued, "We have a picture of your parents but it was taken a few years back." He gestured my mother to take the pictures.

After a few minutes, my mother came back from her room with an album. She showed me the pictures inside. "Last but not least, we have this picture. They not king and queen yet." My father showed a picture.

My biological father was wearing a white shirt inside while wearing a baby blue coat outside. It was secured with a gold belt. He was wearing a chestnut brown trousers and a darker brown boots. My mother's dress was beautiful. Inside was honey blonde and and brown while on the outside was rosy red. The dress went from her upper neck till her ankle.

"Wow! My mother looks beautiful."I said exclaimed. "Yup! That's why you are beautiful." My father said, flattering me. I giggled. "Ok honey. You better go to bed now. Tomorrow is a big day. Goodnight sweetheart!" My parents told me. I went to bed. "Good night Tikki! Tomorrow is a big day and we need a lot of rest," I said yawning.

Adrien's POV

I went home happily. Tomorrow I was going to China and I am going to meet my mother after so long. I don't even know how she look likes. I only saw one picture of her on the wall of my dad's room. Maybe I should ask Nathalie? I just finished packing my bag and Plagg wasn't much of a help. I am sure LB's kwami is much more helpful. All he asks is Camembert. Anyways, my dad already gave me most of the things I need for this trip. I heard a knock on my door. Just in time! "Come in!" I said. I thought it was Nathalie but was my dad? "Oh! Hi dad." I smiled.

"Can I come in?" He asked. I nodded. "As you know you will be going to China with your class and you coronation would take place there, right? You will be going with Gorilla. I will be taking the plane the day after tomorrow and meet you there with Nathalie," he said in a monotonous voice. I just nodded. He almost walked out of the door when I stopped him.

"Wait dad!" I called out to him. He stopped and turned gesturing me to continue. "Can I see how you and mother look like in royal costume. Please?" I pleaded. He smiled and said, "Of course!" He smiled. He brought me to his room. He went to his shelf and took an album. He turned flipped the book and rummaged to the correct page. There was my father and my mother.

My mother looked beautiful and father looked rather smart. I smiled at it. "You can have the picture," he said, looking at my expression. "Thanks dad!" I engulfed him a hug. He hugged back as he patted me. "Now, lets go and eat. We have a big day tomorrow," he said. I smiled the biggest smile ever. At least, now I know why he was so protective over me.

We went to our dining table. This time my father ate with me and we had a real conversation. I went back to my room feeling tired. But right before that, I went downstairs to get a few packets of Camembert. I winked at Plagg. Plagg smiled. A real smile. "Thanks, kid! You are the best owner." He exclaimed as he hugged my cheeks. I felt my heart warm.

"This is just the beginning. Tomorrow is a whole new day," I thought to myself as I went to bed, smiling. Maybe tomorrow I will find out who M'lady is. We never know.