15. Chloe knows

Alya's POV

Where is that girl. Ugh! Maybe I should call her. Never mind. Let us just wait for a while. She is always late. That is it! I am calling her. I fished out my handphone from my pocket.

"Umm Alya?" Nino tapped me on the shoulder. "What Nino? I am trying to call that girl," I replied, feeling a bit annoyed. Nino just lift my head which was looking at my phone and my eyes darted to where Nino was looking. Adrien and Marinette were coming together hand in hand? Me and Nino just stared at them.

"Umm! Guys? Why are you looking at us like that?" The innocent cinnamon roll asked. I just pointed to their interlocked hands. Both of them looked at where I was pointing to. They immediately let go, their face flustered. Crimson blush covering their cheeks.

"S-s-sorry, M-Mari," Adrien stuttered. Marinette recovered from the embarrassment and smirked. Marinette of all people just smirked.

"What Adrien? You don't like your friend holding your hand?" She asked flirtatiously with a smirk. Is that my Marinette. The Marinette I knew who is shy and always stutter. Adrien blushed deeper. She looked at us. Me, Nino and Adrien. She burst out laughing. "I was just joking, Adrien," she said still laughing. None of us moved.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that. You have never seen this side? Hmm?" She asked tilting her head. We just stared at her. She continued laughing. "You should show more of your this side to us," Adrien finally said. She just stared at Adrien.

"I think you know the other side of me, Adrien," Marinette said. "What do you mean?" Adrien asked really confused. "You will know, soon...Come on guys let us play something," Marinette said pouting.

"Yeah sure, Mari but you and I are going to talk later," I finally said, curving my eyebrows. She just chuckled. We all sat in a circle except for Adrien. He was still confused by Marinette. I was confused too. Just not showing it. "Come Adrien," I called to him. "Oh! U-uh coming," he said as he walked towards the circle. He too sat down.

Marinette's POV

I internally laughed at my kitty. He was so confused. We already sat in a circle. Just then Chloe's door opened and she came out. She looked sad. However, she never notice us sitting there. She was looking at her shoes as she walked towards the sofa at the lounge. She lifted her head slightly to see us but instead of saying anything, she just turned around to go back to her room. I felt sad for her. I have always known why she was mean. She was just alone.

"Chloe! Wait up!" I said as I got up and ran towards her. I managed to catch up with her before she went inside her room. "What do you want, Marinette," she called by my first name. Well. That's first. I smiled. "Why are you smiling?" She asked.

"You called me by my first name," I smiled wider. "Whatever," she said, crossing her arms. "Well, would you like to join us. We are probably going to play truth or dare or something," I asked still smiling. She looked at me in shock. "W-wait. After how much I was rude to you, you still allow me to join you guys?" she asked in disbelief.

"Oh Chloe! You know that you are always welcomed to join us. It is just that you don't want to join us. We are your friends. I know you regret how you behaved in the past but it is not your fault. You just feel alone. You feel jealous that others have people around them to care for them and you don't have anyone because your father is always busy and your mother. You rarely see her. So, you make others feel bad to put you up. Don't worry Chloe. It is not your fault and I forgive you. I have always forgave you," I smiled sincerely.

I tapped her shoulder. I saw her eyes water. She embraced me to a hug. I hugged back. "Thanks Marinette. I am sorry. I was really jealous of you and honestly I don't like Adrien. I just wanted attention. I am sorry again," she whispered sincerely. "Don't worry Chloe," I giggled a bit.

"By the way, I know you are the princess," she winked. "Wait how? How do you know?" I asked a bit panicking. Does she know I am the ladybug??

"Don't think I don't know, Mari. I know the way you behaved when Lila lied about being Best friends with Lila and also you got a limo with your name on it? I know you are the princess, you highness. Also, won't it be worth it to see the priceless expression on Lila's face during you coronation." She said from happy to excited. I giggled.

"Wow Chloe! I didn't know you take note of all those details. Hehe. I guess we have a lot in common, Chloe. It would be hilarious for Lila, won't it," I laughed thinking about it. "Yeah! I am sorry again, Mari. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" She said even more sincerely. I smiled. I have the perfect job for that.

"I know the perfect job you," I said smirking. "Yes, anything for you Marinette!" She said. "Will you do the honours of being my lady-in-waiting, Chloe Bourgeois," I asked formally but still smirking. "Wait...what! I asked for a punishment not honours or whatsoever. That is the opposite. I don't deserve it," she said in disbelief.

"No Chloe. You deserve it. I want you to be my adviser or lady-in-waiting. Whatever you call that," I said in a more serious tone. "Why me? You deserve better like Alya or some other girl," Chloe said. I could see that she was shocked but she was mostly sad.

"You are right, Chloe. You have made many mistakes but you have learned from it. You have became wise and trustable. That is the important thing. You do what is right after you made a mistake. You don't give up. I admire that. You are also not naïve like the others. You know when there is a lie lurking," I said smiling. She was crying with joy. I think.

"Can I count on you?" I asked. She hugged me again. "You can count on me, Mari," she said as more tears of joy filled her eyes. "Good. Now come and join us, the more the merrier!" I said as I dragged her towards the lounge.

"Umm! What were you guys talking so long and why is Chloe here and why did Chloe have a lot of mood swings. First she was a but angry and then she cried and then she smiled and then she hugged and then she cried again and then she is smiling now," Alya asked curving her eyebrows. "Oh that was nothing," I said giggling and looking at Chloe. She just shrugged. I nodded at Chloe signalling her to apologise.

"Umm so I want to tell you guys that I am sorry for everything. I am sorry for being so annoying, Adrien. I guess I just wanted attention. I don't really like like you. I like you as a friend if you except me as one. Alya, sorry for always making you angry and insulting you about your ladyblog. I know you put a lot of effort in it. For you too Nino. Your musics are great. I know it will take time for you to forgive me for everything but I promise to be better and be a better friend. I am sorry, again," Chloe said looking at the ground, sincerely. Adrien, Alya and Nino gave knowing approving looks at each other.

"We forgive you, Chloe. We hope to be your friend too," Adrien said smiling genuinely. That's my kitty. "Thank you," Chloe smiled. "Let's play guys!" I said, impatient. We all chuckled.