Yudhi POV - Part 5

I still couldn’t believe the feelings inside me. We were on our way to auntie’s home from the airport. Reena was busy describing the location of the airport and the major interstate routes it was connected to and the general map of the city. We were going south to the bay area, where Reena and Arvind worked, and settled down.

I was paying very little attention to what Reena was saying, as my mind was going through the incidents that happened in the last six hours and trying to analyze every minute detail, actions and reactions on my part. I still couldn’t figure out, if I could have done anything different and what could  have been the outcome, if I did do them.

Maybe I shouldn’t have let go of her arm and made her listen to my side of the story and get her details. But with the cops rushing towards me, I panicked and let go of her. Now I will never be able to see her again. I should have taken her details while we were on the plane, but she never talked to me and slept through most of the journey, so I had no chance there.

I could feel the pain in my chest, realizing that I was never going to see her again. I felt so disappointed and sad and felt like I was going to throw up.

“Are you okay Yudhi?” my aunt turned back and was looking at my face.

I saw Abhi moving to the far corner, she thought I was going to throw up.

“I am ok, just tired from the journey” I recovered quickly and turned sideways to look at the passing cars and hide my feelings.

This was new to me, never felt like this about any girl. I think, she made a huge impact on my mind. I spent most of the time watching her sleep and the way she moved her hands over me and the way her head was trying to create a comfortable zone around my shoulder. I could still smell her perfume on me and the feel of her soft skin. Oh God !!! I think I am going to go crazy thinking about her.

I was not sure how long it would take for me to recover from her assault and become normal again. Luckily for me , Reena thought, I was exhausted from all the travel.

Soon we turned into the driveway of a beautiful home. I really liked the surroundings, as it was a big lot with a huge lawn and surrounded by tall trees. Very private and well maintained home. As soon as we entered, Reena  asked Abhi to show me to my room and give me a tour of the house, if I was up for it. She wanted to set the table ready for lunch, so that I can sleep off the travel  exhaustion after lunch.

Abhi took me upstairs to the spare guest room and I liked it. Abhi was explaining to me how it looked before, when it was Arohi’s room, and how Reena converted it for me.

“I can show you rest of the house after lunch, if you want to freshen up and get ready for lunch now” Abhi was looking out and talking to me.

I realized Abhi was avoiding me and was not looking straight at me while talking to me. 

I stepped in front of her and lifted her face with a finger under her chin, so she was facing me.

“Is something wrong ? Did I do anything to offend you ? I have a sister your age at home , in India, and was hoping we would have the same kind of relationship”

She was suddenly taken aback with my actions. “Sorry Yudhi, I didn’t mean to be rude. It is just that you are very different than what I was expecting.”

After that I noticed a change in her and she was more comfortable and started to make eye contact with me while showing me around the house. Finally we entered Arohi’s room.

As soon as we entered, my eyes fell on an ugly bear in a corner of the room , with a big “Y” scribbled on it. Before I could say anything, Abhi rushed to pick it up and threw it inside a closet.