Part 19

I didn't realize that Rahul and his family were watching, me and Yudhi, walk in to the temple, as I was walking behind Yudhi. As we reached near them , I could feel Rahul's eyes go over me like a scanner from top to bottom and made me uncomfortable.

He was not bad, actually good looking, little bit geekish, like superman in glasses, tall and well built. He was dressed in traditional Indian clothes and was there with his parents, Harish and Ramya, and sister Kavya. My parents and sister were already there and talking to each other. Abhi already made friends with Rahul's sister and both were busy chatting.

As we reached them, mom started making introductions. I bowed lightly  and offered my namaste's in traditional way to his parents.

"Namaste uncle!"

"Namaste Auntie!"

"Hello beta, how are you ? Wow! You look really beautiful in this saree." Rama pulled me lightly towards her and gave me a hug.

I said hi to his sister Kavya with my eyes, giving her a smile.

I glanced at Rahul and he was eagerly waiting for his turn to be properly introduced.

"Arohi, this is Rahul!" My mom introduced, turning me towards him.

"Rahul, meet my daughter Arohi" she said as I extended my arm to shake hands with him.

His handshake was soft but he held onto my hand longer than required.

I gave a quick glance towards Yudhi and I could see him glaring at our shaking hands. But he quickly shifted his glance, as mom introduced him to all, as her best friends son and guest of the family.

We started going around the temple starting with Lord Ganesh. Rahul was closely following me and trying to imitate my routine.

Once we were done with Aarthi and prashad, we moved out into the open area.

"Arohi, do you mind taking a walk with me around the temple" Rahul asked.

"Let's go" I said, making sure Yudhi hears it.

"Auntie, call me when you are ready to leave" Yudhi said to mom and walked back into the temple.

I knew it, it makes him very uncomfortable, seeing me talking to someone else. I just want to document all his feelings without pushing him too far.

"Arohi! Arohi! excuse me .." Rahul was tapping my shoulder.

"Sorry ... yes, so which way you want to go?" I couldn't believe, I am still thinking about Yudhi, while walking with Rahul.

"Let's walk this way" Rahul turned right and I followed him.

Rahul started explaining to me about him and his family.

"So why did you choose to be a doctor? " I asked him.

"Well, I looked at all the professions, and after discussing all options with my parents, I realized that being a doctor carries lot of respect as it is very hard and challenging to become one and even after you become a doctor, you need to work hard to keep up with the changing industry. I like to make challenging  goals and work hard to achieve them. What about you ?"

"For me it was simple, I like working with people and seeing how people appreciate my dad and mom, I decided to be a doctor. So why a children's specialist ?"

"Oh! Me and my friends have been planning to open a corporate hospital of our own and we planned in such a way that we covered all the areas and I chose to cover the children section."

"Wow , awesome!" I didn't like his reasoning, but didn't want to criticize him either. Just wanted to keep the conversation going without creating  a scene.

"So Rahul, when did you make the decision to get married?" I wanted to dig deeper into his personality.

"Good question! As per my plans this is right time for me to get married. Timing is everything in life. Take for example, both of us are doctors and we need to spend considerable time working round the clock specially if we need to build a corporate hospital. Once the work on it starts, we won't have time for anything, hence before it starts and we get busy, it is time to get married and have kids and then we can concentrate full time on our careers." He got all excited describing his plans to build a corporate hospital and how he plans to grow the business.

"So you already made plans for kids too, not just marriage." I was trying to suppress my surprise and anger.

"Yes, I believe in planning. I also made plans for house based on kids school location and also how we can save for their education from day one." he was beaming at his own planning skills.

Hmm, all he needs a girl, a doctor girl probably or maybe just a doctor, need not be a girl. Well if he is planning for kids, it must be a girl, or much better he can marry a girl with kids. That will reduce his workload and fast forward his plans, Maybe I should give him that advice.

"Arohi ! Arohi!" He patted my shoulder and woke me from my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was trying to visualize your plans." I smiled and he started laughing.

"Well, no pressure, if you are interested in moving forward, we can discuss all plans in detail and make changes accordingly."

"Sure, though I was not planning on getting married at least till I finish my studies." I realized we came a full circle where the entire family was waiting for us, but I didn't see Yudhi.

"He met a friend and went with him." my mom said looking at me as if she knew my eyes were searching for him.

We said goodbye to Rahul's family and went to a restaurant for lunch.

"So what do you think about the doctor boy?" my sister couldn't keep it down anymore.

"I don't know what to say Abhi" my parents were watching me eagerly for my answer.

"Yes or No?" my sister asked again.

"I don't know, you tell me. He is such a planning guy, that he made plans not just for my kids but for your kids also." I rolled my eyes.

"You got to be kidding me! Is that some kind of disease ma?" she turned towards my parents.

"Yes, It is called OCPD - obsessive compulsive personality disorder" I whispered to her.

"A simple no would do Arohi. You don't have to tie him to a disorder." Mom scolded me.

And we started laughing over the issue. I am glad my parents didn't push me for more explanation.

We went home after lunch and I had to take a nap as I was tired.

I was still in deep sleep, but I could hear the sound of door opening slowly and someone stepping into the room.

I didn't want to open my eyes yet, but could feel the presence of someone closing in on me. Someone came upto the bed and sat on the side of the bed very slowly. I could feel the person bending over my face and slowly moving down wards. The tension within me started rising and my heart rate increased. Suddenly I could feel a finger on my forehead and it was slowly moving down tracing my mouth and then my lips. The tingling sensation was driving me crazy.

Slowly it started moving down again tracing my chin, throat and my neck along my collar. Then it stopped on the first button and hesitated a bit. Then suddenly it flipped the button open and the hand tried to slip inside.

"Yudhi! are you crazy?" I shouted and caught his hand and opened my eyes.

"Oh my God!!" It was Kim and she was looking at me like a ghost with her other hand covering her mouth.