Yudhi POV - Part 12

Yudhi's POV

I started to concentrate on my work as it was only way to keep me from thinking about her. I managed to avoid her all day and was happy to find the house almost empty when I returned back from my walk.

Reena and Arvind went to work and the girls were upstairs in their bedroom, so it was safe for me to go to my room and call it a night. As I was climbing up the stairs, I heard someone coming down and when I looked up it was Arohi.

"Everytime I see her, she looks different and more beautiful."  I was watching her eyes as she came down the stairs and couldn't move as if she cast a spell on me with her eyes and bound me to the stairs.

She was close enough and then suddenly she looked at me and lost her balance. I could sense that she was falling and quickly moved to catch her. I used my right arm to arrest her fall her and my left arm was trying to find a grip on her, when I accidently caught her by her chest and caused her to wince in pain as my hand wrapped around a full round breast. I could feel breast harden and her erect nipple through the fabric.

I immediately took my hands off her as she screamed, becuase I didn't do it on purpose and it was a accident. I took my hands off her, only after I made sure she was stable enough and not in any danger of falling.

But she panicked and started moving her hands all over me to get a grip and her voice and eyes begged me to hold her. I couldn't stop myself from pulling her into me. Her skin was so smooth and scent so powerful that it drove my harmone levels through the roof. My whole body wanted to feel her warmth and never let her go again. I wished we could spend upto eternity on that staircase trying to find a grip on each other.

She buried her face in my chest and I wanted to cradle her there and never let her go. There were no words in any language or dictionary that could describe my feelings. I wanted her to melt into me and become one.

I didn't know what to do, so carried her to her room and slowly distangled from her. I turned back to leave as I didn't want to show her my feelings and only a cold shower could bring me back to Earth.

But Arohi stopped me and wanted to talk to me about the trip. I know I was desperate for answers, but was surprised to hear that she went to see her boyfriend.

My mom used to tease me about Arohi, when I was very young. She used to call Arohi, my little wife and tease me about her. She told me that she was born for me and that it was decided before she was even born.

As I grew older, though my mom stopped teasing me about Arohi,  I used to think about her all the time, hoping some day we would probably meet and get married. Later I stared reading a lot about American culture and realized that it is very much different than Indian culture and didn't feel comfortable about Arohi growing up in such a environment.

I realized very early, that it was only a joke, and there was no way we would we together, as we were growing continents apart and in completly different cultures. It was very common to have boy friends in US, where as it is frowned upon in India. I decided to forget her and work on my studies and career instead.

Now after so many years, all those thoughts and dreams came back to me. I told myself, that it would be foolish to expect someone like Arohi, smart and beautiful, to be without a boyfriend and much more foolish of me to think that she would have any feelings for me, just because of a stupid joke.

I was very disappointed with myself,  but I still had  small hope that maybe she would consider me and give me a chance inspite of all that happened. I saw that hope in her eyes when she was falling and felt it when she buried her face in my chest.

Just when my brain was processing those thoughts, I heard her say that she spent the night with her boyfriend.

I felt a knife go through my heart and breaking into million pieces and an unbearable pain in my chest. I couldn't take it anynore and turned away and walked back to my room. I didn't want her to see the pain in my face , even I couldn't see myself in the mirror. She just put her hand through my chest and squeezed my heart.

I felt as if I lost a piece of my heart. There was no hope for me and Arohi anymore. "There are some lines  I won't cross - one man one woman - I believe in it with my whole heart. Arohi is not meant to be with me, that was God's wish. "

Guess what, I decided to skip the that cold shower and go to bed. Men don't cry, but if they ever do, that was my time to cry.