Part 33

Arohi POV

Tirupati is considered one of the holiest Hindu pilgrimage sites because of the Tirumala temple. Tirumala temple is one of the world's richest and famous Vaishnavite temple. The temple is visited by 30 to 40 million people annually on average and is one of the most-visited holy places in the world.

We reached the temple city in the evening and settled down in our accommodations. We were here with few of our relatives and Yudhi and family were supposed to join us little bit later in the evening.

I was sitting in my room along with Abhi and watching some television program, when suddenly the door burst open and Yudhi's mom, dad and sister along with my parents burst in. Archi and Nimi hugged and congratulated me, at the same asking lot of questions about the groom. Finally when the noise settled down, Abhi asked about Yudhi.

"Oh poor Yudhi! He has a very bad headache, so he went to his room to take rest." Archie replied to Abhi. Abhi and Yudhi's sister Nimi immediately got up and went to his room to check up on him. I too wanted to go, but decided to visit later when no one is around. I knew he was upset with me, maybe I was his headache. I still wasn't sure how he was going to react to me or how to handle him. Now that we are travelling in opposite directions, only time could heal our hearts and hopefully we can be friends in future.

We ordered dinner from outside and all were eating in the living room, when suddenly Yudhi came out of his room. I turned my eyes down, so that I could avoid a direct confrontation. He passed me without saying anything and sat down with my mom and Archi and started talking to them. Once in a while he would glance at me and I would turn away and then look again at him, while he was busy talking.

It has been more than a week and I was dying to see him up close, look into his eyes and feel his warm hands around my waist. If only he knew, how I felt about him. Suddenly I remembered, that I was no longer single and shouldn't entertain such dirty thoughts. But then society can only control my physical actions, not what goes on in my mind.

The cold war continued between us rest of the night. He was the only one who didn't congratulate me. I was happy to see him, but not in a mood to talk to him as it would mean digging up old wounds and making each other miserable. So far, both of us were doing a good job avoiding each other.

I was miserable the entire night. Just the feeling that Yudhi was few feet away, in the next room was bothering me. I wish I could freely go into his room and sit on his bed and talk to him for hours. I wondered what must be going through his mind? Is he thinking about me? Does he want to see me as badly as I want to see him? At some point I drifted into sleep thinking about him.

Next day morning was a busy one. Every one was busy getting ready to go to the temple for darshan. I was told that it would take 6-8 hours for general darshan, which was free to everyone, but Sid arranged VIP darshan for all of us using his political clout and money. Using our VIP status we could finish our darshan within two hours. Everyone in the family were thanking me for Sid's help, but I had no clue about it.

Almost all the family left to go the temple, we were the last ones. Mom asked me to dress traditionally, so I was wearing a saree and was almost ready to step out, when I almost clashed into Yudhi. He used his right hand to steady me, and then left without saying anything. Then my dad called him.

"Yudhi wait for us, we are almost ready."

"No Uncle, I am going to the general darshan, so you go ahead as it is in a different direction."

"Why Yudhi? We have VIP tickets for everyone." My dad said. I knew he was not interested because Sid got the tickets.

"No uncle, I want to go for general darshan only, so you please continue ahead"