Part 32

Arohi POV

It was my marriage day. Sid and I were supposed to tie the knot in the presence of family and friends. My friends helped me to get ready for the final event. I was wearing a special dress ordered just for the occasion. My hands and feet were glowing with intricate mehendi designs. My body and hair went through lot of process and twists and turns and I lost count of the number of people who worked very hard to make me look like a princess. I had no clue regarding the cost of ornaments, I was wearing, but I could feel their weight, when I tried to move around.

Finally I was ready for the final event. Just then my mom came inside my dressing room and asked all of my friends to leave. "What's going on ma?" I asked her.

"The groom wants to talk to you in private. I am going to send him in, so be ready" She said.

Wow! He probably got cold feet and is backing off. He just wasted my time and everyone's effort, I thought.

I decided not to look at his face as I didn't want him to see my real feelings, so I sat with my eyes looking at my feet and my hands clasped in my lap.

I heard a soft knock on the door and then it slowly opened. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a pair of feet coming in my direction. He came close to me and stood in front of me. I could see he was fully dressed as a groom and ready to take me as his wife. He slowly moved his hand and lifted my face with his index finger.

As my face slowly moved up to meet his eyes, I was desperately trying to stop the tears and put up a brave front. As soon as his face filled my vision, my heart beat peaked and there was a frightened look in my eyes.

"OMG Yudhi! What are you doing here? You need to leave now and why are you dressed like a groom?" my eyes were searching for a place to hide him before Sid comes in.

Instead he bent down and kissed me on my lips. I threw out caution and ignored the sound of alarm bells ringing in my brain and put my hands around his head and pulled him towards me as I opened my mouth to give his tongue full access for a toe curling kiss.

He didn't disappoint me, as his arms went around me and lifted me by my shoulders. Time came to a standstill, as both of our bodies crushed against each other with hands trying to pull us into each other. For a second he pulled away and then started kissing my face and neck. Then he slowly turned me around, with his hands cupping face. He was kissing my neck and shoulders, when his hands started sliding slowly downwards to hold me by my waist.

As we were standing in front of the mirror, I opened my eyes slowly to fully enjoy the view of Yudhi kissing me from behind with hands around my waist.

"Noo! I screamed" And I woke up to the sound of my own scream. I was sweating heavily, even though I could hear the humming sound of the airconditioner. Abhi woke up and patted me down.

"Di, are you ok? Did you have a bad dream?" I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Sorry Abhi, I woke you up. I am fine." I said and patted her back to make sure she was fine.

I was hoping to see me in Yudhi's arms, but instead when I opened my eyes, I saw Yudhi was actually kissing Kat and had his hands around her waist. Though I lost Yudhi to Kat in reality, I was hoping to make him my own in my dreams, but now I lost him in my dreams too.

When I woke up again, it was morning and mom was sitting by my side.

"Arohi, did you think about the proposal and make a decision." She asked me.

"Ma, please go ahead with your decision. I am happy with it. I know you always do what is best for me. Just make sure to tell them my conditions, they are non-negotiable"