Part 40

Arohi's POV

Yudhi left around 6 PM huffing and puffing, after I slapped him, and now it was 8 PM and still no sign of him.

I thought of giving him some time to cool off, before I start calling him. Two hours looked very reasonable, so I took out my phone and called him.

Ring...ring...no answer ..it went to his voice mail.

"Yudhi, it's Arohi. I am sorry, please call me back asap. We need to talk." I left him a voice mail hoping he would call back immediately.

Time 9:00 PM.

Still no call from Yudhi. I called my dad to see if he knew Yudhi's whereabouts.

"Hi honey! What's up?" Dad asked.

"Dad, do you know where Yudhi is? I tried his cell and office numbers, but no response."

"No Arohi, I actually called to congratulate him, but reached his voice mail."

"Congratulations for what?" I asked.

"Oh! He successfully finished phase 1 of his project and now Europe and other countries have come forward to join his project. It is going to be huge and Yudhi is going to be very famous. This is going to be the biggest space project for this century and Yudhi is going to be in history books. I am really proud of him."

After hearing from Dad, I understood why Yudhi barged into my room as he wanted to share the information with me first and I ended up slapping him and spoiling his mood on his big day. I felt so bad.

Just then my sister came from her friends place and we both had dinner together. She was updating me on the school dating scene. Who started going out with whom, who broke up with whom and who was double dating. Aah! Teenagers so busy these days.

I barely managed to hear her story as I was very worried about Yudhi. I asked her to call Yudhi and see if he answers her as he was not picking up my calls. Even she got his voice mail.

After dinner Abhi went to her bedroom and I ended up sitting in the living room waiting for Yudhi.

Time 11 PM

I was getting desperate with guilt as Yudhi didn't come or call me back. I started calling his friends and anyone I knew hoping to get some info about his whereabouts, but no luck. I left voice mails on his friends phones asking them to call me back if they have any information.

Time 12 AM

Finally Roger called me around 12:15 AM.

"Hi Arohi, did you call earlier?" He asked immediately.

"Yes Roger, I am trying to find Yudhi, do you know where he is?" I asked keeping my fingers crossed.

"Yes Arohi, he is with me. We are at a Irish bar in downtown. Any problem?"

"Thank God, can I talk to him?" I don't know why I was screaming even though I was home and they were in a noisy bar.

"I don't think he is in state to talk. He is pretty much drunk. I am taking him to my place."

"No, bring him here."

"I promised I will take care of him and he is very drunk, I don't think you can handle him."

"Please Roger, I will owe you big time, if you do this favor. Please bring him home, I can take care of him."

Roger agreed and brought Yudhi home around 12:45 AM. I helped him to take Yudhi to his room and laid him on his bed.