Part 41

Arohi's POV

After the encounter with my mom, I slowly made it to my room, undressed and stepped into the shower.

It was the biggest day of my life. My future was going to get decided in the next few minutes and I haven't prepared for it. I had prepared,studied and strategizied for lesser things in my life and when it came to the most important test of my life, I had only one line.

I love Yudhi

And hope it sticks.

It was probably the worst day for my mom, having to find her soon to be married daughter sleeping with some other guy. No daughter should punish her parent the way I did. After all the things she has done for me, I did this to her. She probably is hating herself right now and blaming her parenting skills for my behavior.

She is probably going to kill me for what I did, but I was not afraid to face her and Dad. I am going to go down there and declare my love for Yudhi and explain them the reasons behind my behavior and then accept whatever punishment they give me. After all, I am the one who made stupid assumptions and put everyone in this situation, hence I deserve to be punished, but only after I declare my love for Yudhi.

I need to make sure that they understand that Yudhi had no fault in what happened yesterday night, as he was drunk and probably won't remember anything today. Also, actually nothing happened, we just slept in each other arms. If that is a crime then I deserve punishment.

I tried to avoid this situation by trying to convince Yudhi about forgetting me, but in the process, I realized that I cannot forget his love or live without him. So now I am left with no other choice but to convince everyone to cancel my engagement with Sid.

After taking shower I put on a simple dress and headed downstairs where my future was awaiting me.

Mom and Dad were in the living room having coffee and going through the newspaper. They looked normal, like any other day. I was expecting them to be tense and angry, waiting to kill me, for what I did, instead they appeared like a normal couple having coffee.

This could be the silence before the storm, I thought and approached them cautiously.

I went close and stood in front of them. Both of them put their newspaper down and looked at me questioningly.

"Dad, Ma , before I say anything, I wanted to tell you that I love Yudhi and he loves me."

"Wait Arohi, did this love thing happened yesterday night?" My mom asked interrupting me.

"No Ma, it happened before, but because of some misconceptions and bad assumptions on my side, I couldn't tell you and complicated things."

"So what made you realize now?"

"I realized my mistakes after talking to Kim and Yudhi, and I really love him and cannot live without him." And I started crying.

My mom immediately stood and hugged me and made me sit by her side, holding me and rubbing my back.

"Ma I really love him. Please cancel my wedding."

"Sorry Arohi, we cannot cancel the wedding now. Too many preparations are under way, people have been notified and lot of money has been spent or advanced."

"But Ma, I love Yudhi and even after what happened last night, how can you ask me to go ahead?" I was still crying in her lap.

"Arohi I don't want to know what happened last night. I tried my best as a parent to teach you our norms and culture and hope you and your sister will follow them. But I understand you grew up in different times and culture and these things have become very common, so I would pretend nothing happened and we will go as per our schedule. Its too late to change anything now." I felt like she just crashed my hopes.