Part 42

Reena's POV. ... flashback. .

India trip .. Yudhi's home

Me and Archi were in Yudhi's room at his home in Mumbai and were having our usual talk and Arohi was going through Yudhi's pictures when he was young, when she suddenly accused me of showing her the wrong picture when she was young.

I had to explain her my reasons for doing it and the talk moved to Yudhi's girlfriend. I was shocked to hear that Yudhi had a girlfriend and was in love with someone. It was unbelievable.

After Yudhi's mom Archi called Yudhi and when he confirmed that he was actually in love with someone, I was devastated. I still remember the day of college party when Yudhi held Arohi in his arms and both were looking into each other's eyes with love.
How is it possible for Yudhi to fall in love with some other girl? I felt like Yudhi deceived me and Arohi too, yet I didn't say anything, as I didn't want to hurt my best friend Archi's feelings. I decided to find out more about this mystery girl after getting back to US. Suddenly I was worried about Arohi and wanted to make sure she didn't get hurt by Yudhi. I could see the disappointment and sadness in her face and cursed myself for pushing her towards Yudhi. I never thought Yudhi would do anything like this.

Even Archi felt devastated and tried to lift Arohi's spirits by promising her support to search for new groom for her. On the other hand Arohi never declared her love for Yudhi to me or anyone, so I felt that there was not much damage on either side. It was my dream to bond both the families with this marriage, but seems, God has other plans.

Place Hyderabad

We were at Hyderabad enjoying the marriage festivities when out of blue Sid's parents approached us through our cousins family for Arohi's hand in marriage with their son Sid.

Once we learnt more about Sid and family, we were very thrilled for Arohi and the chance for her to get into big league. However my first choice was always Yudhi, but I didn't want my wish to get into Arohi's way.

When I asked Arohi about Sid, she put the entire burden on me, telling me that she would marry whomever I decide her marriage with. I felt happy for her confidence in me, but also felt sad, she looked disconnected with the process and didn't seem interested at all, even when the groom was a billionaire.

"Arvind, what do you think is going on with Arohi? She doesn't look happy and I thought this marriage proposal will cheer her up, but she left the entire decision on our shoulders" I asked my husband.

"Reena actually I thought she would be against marriage, but am surprised she agreed so easily. Moreover she has been sad for more than a week now and I don't think she has thought through this completely. Looks like she is hiding something."

"What do you think we should do?"

"This is a very good proposal and since Yudhi is going in a different direction, I think we should agree to it, but keep a door open, until we figure out what's going on in her mind. I think it has to do with Yudhi." Arvind replied.

"I also think the same. So let's talk with Yudhi before we finalize anything, but let's not tell Arohi about it and let her think that this proposal is final." I felt better after talking to Arvind and we agreed on a plan. It was very important for us to figure out what Arohi wants, especially since she put the burden of her marriage on us.

So we agreed to Sid's proposal in principle, but let them know that we will confirm the proposal only after discussing it with other family members. We promised them to let them know our final decision after our Tirupati trip and if finalized, we will do the engagement in Mumbai, before we leave for US.