Part 27

As promised, Kim talked to her boyfriend regarding the events of the party night.

"Arohi, as per Jonas, you were the one who kissed Yudhi first and it was you, who wanted to go with him." She told Arohi rolling her eyes.

Arohi knew she has feelings for Yudhi, but she was not sure if she would act the way Jonas described. Maybe the reason she was drunk made her act in that way, she thought. Anyway Yudhi was supposed to be responsible, and the reason, he remained sober, was to make sure she does not do anything stupid and he failed.

She actually hoped Yudhi would talk to her after reaching home, but he didn't and all she got from her mom was, he is very busy with his project. Guess, he cares more about his project than her.

She checked the time and it was almost 10 PM, so Yudhi should be home. She called the home number.

"Aru! how are you?" her sister Abhi asked.

"Hey Abhi, I am good, how are you guys doing? What is going on?"

"Nothing sis! everything is normal, just waiting for you to come home and I am so excited about the upcoming India trip."

"Me too! where is mom?"

"Oh! she got an emergency call and left 30 minutes ago. Dad is sleeping. Anything important?"

"Nope, just asking. What is Yudhi doing ?" she tried to sound casual.

"Oh! he is always busy with his project. He and Kat work long hours, she is in his room right now."

"What! why is Kat working with him and this late into night?" Arohi tried to suppress concern and anger in her voice.

"Common, you are one who set them up for math coaching. After her exam she qualified for the NASA project and now she is member of his team and they have been working together for some time now. She sometimes stays over here and he sometimes at her place. If you ask me, they look like a couple."

Arohi was shocked and speechless for few minutes.

"How come I don't know anything about this? You never told me before, even mom or Yudhi." Arohi was trying to stop the tears rolling down from her eyes.

"You never wanted to hear anything about Yudhi, remember you hate him ?" Abhi was surprised at her sister's concern about Yudhi.

"Ok, I will talk to you later. I need to talk to Kim about this. Bye." Arohi managed to put the phone down before Abhi could hear her crying voice.

Arohi couldn't believe Yudhi and Kat were working together and spending lot of time with each other. Kat was supposed to be with her boyfriend Roger, but she knew they were having issues and if anything happened between them, she has to blame herself, as she was the one who proposed that Yudhi should work with Kat.

She waited till Kim came back from her shift.

"Kim, I need to talk to you about your sister."

"Yes Arohi, what about her?"

"Is she working with Yudhi now? How come you didn't tell me anything? Also looks like they she stays over at my place to work with Yudhi."

"Wow! I know she is working with Yudhi on the NASA project, but I was not aware that they were working so close together. Every time I talk to her, she keeps on talking about Yudhi and how he solved some critical problem using his math skills, so I stop listening to her."

"Really, I can't believe no one told me that they are working together."

"Its you who proposed that they should work together, so I thought you were already aware of it. Are you jealous that my sister is working with Yudhi?" Kim poked Arohi.