Part 21

Arohi's POV

I was so mad at Yudhi that I didn't even try to look at him the next day. I was planning to leave for Texas without saying goodbye to him as a punishment. I realized it was a punishment for me also.

It was finally Sunday, the day to leave for college, far away from Yudhi. It is a test. If I am successful in removing Yudhi from my system, then he is just a bad case of infatuation.

I still had a few things to pack, but just then my nose picked up the sweet aroma of my favorite breakfast, so I went downstairs to check it out, postponing my packing.

"Hi Aru, ready for breakfast." My mom started preparing a plate of dosas.

"Wow! Thanks Mom, I am really hungry, thanks for making my favourite dish."

"Oh Aru, I can't believe your vacation is over so soon. I have wait again 3 months to see you."

"No mom, you and daddy promised to come for our annual function this year. Since this is my final year, you should definitely come, no excuses this year."

"Sure honey, we will come, a promise is a promise. Cannot wait for you come home though. I always feel like I didn't spend enough time with you, so it will be good to have you home for your internship."

"I too am eager to finish the course and start internship here." I just have to work hard the last three months without any distractions and then I am home again for my internship.

"Arohi, something came up, so I will not be able to drop you to the airport, so make sure to wake up Yudhi, so that he can drop you. He was working very late yesterday, so is still sleeping."

"No mom, I will take a taxi, don't want to disturb him."

"Ok, honey, take care and enjoy your last semester." And she was gone.

Thank God, she agreed for me to take the taxi, as I was not in a mood to face Yudhi. Anyway looks like he doesn't care about me as he is not making any effort to see me before I leave for Texas.

I finished all my packing and got ready before calling for the taxi to take me to the airport. I called the taxi company, but was put on hold as there was some convention going on and they were all busy. I was thinking of other options other than waking up Yudhi, when I heard him come down and look at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

"Wow! You are all ready to go. We still have lot of time before your flight leaves, anyway give me ten minutes I will be ready." He said and vanished before I could say anything.

I was still undecided on taking his help, when he came down dressed in his standard jeans and tshirt.

"So you want to leave now or spend a little time at home and leave after some time as we still have lot of time." He said looking at my luggage.

"Yudhi, you don't have to worry, I am calling a taxi." I said tightening my grip on my suitcase and trying to sound as casual as possible.