Part 23

"You really said that?" Karuna asked, standing up with hands on her hips.

"Yep, it just came out." Arohi replied, throwing her hands up in the air.

"How are you going to manage the situation now? Better tell your parents else you will be in trouble." Kim was all worried.

"Don't worry guys. I will tell my mom what happened .. ...  as soon as she reaches here ..  and ask her to tell the same to Raj, if he talks to them. I am sure she will understand and cooperate with me to get out of this sticky situation."

"Is Yudhi also coming with your parents?" Kim asked with a mischievous smile.

"No, he is not. I already confirmed that. Mom told me he has some seminar, hence they booked tickets only for themselves. Abhi also has some project work. I need to book a hotel room for them. I need you guys to help me with a surprise party."

"Wow! Surprise party for whom ?" Karuna asked.

"The day my parents arrive, it is their marriage anniversary. Hence I want to surprise them with some songs, dance and cake."

"I will round up the girls and you and Kim take care of the rest." Karuna started making a list of girls for the surprise party.

Arohi started looking at the hotels to book a room and Kim was in charge of the cake.

Two weeks went by soon.

Arohi's phone started ringing and she picked it up on the third ring.

"Hi Mom, how was your journey? Sorry I couldn't come to pick you up at the airport."

"Aru everything is fine. We arrived safely and are in the hotel room waiting for you." Reena replied.

"How is the hotel room? Are you guys ok with the facilities?"

"Everything is fine. Don't worry about us. When are you coming over?" Reena asked

"I will be there in 30 minutes. Please be ready, as I am planning to take you guys out for dinner. See you soon. Bye"

Fifteen minutes later...

"Arohi, how do we get into their room to surprise them?" one of the girls asked.

"Haha...don't worry. Me and Kim picked up the keys today morning itself after checking in as I booked the room in my name. I left instructions at the desk to give them the second set of keys." Arohi replied checking the rear view mirror for the other car.

Arohi, Kim, Karuna and the girls were on their way to hotel to surprise Reena and Arvind on their marriage anniversary. The plan was to open the door silently and barge into the room and shoot confetti and glitter on her parents. Meanwhile Karuna would set up the boom box and the girls planned to play dandiya (Traditional Indian dance) and pull their parents into dancing with them. Kim was supposed to bring in the cake at the same time.

Fifteen minutes later ...

Arohi and the girls arrived at the hotel.

"Arohi why don't you call them once again to make sure they are ready and we don't barge into them while they are doing their business ... marriage anniversary .. wink..wink.. you know, I don't want you get scarred for life." Kim whispered.

"Shutup Kim, I am sure they are not doing anything funny. Anyway let me check."

Arohi took out her phone and called her mom.

"Hi, mom are you guys all dressed up and ready to go?"

"Yes Arohi, we are ready and waiting for you. Do you want us to come down to lobby?"