Part 28

After returning back from Texas, Yudhi wanted to talk to Arohi, but decided to wait till she finishes her course and returns back home. He wanted to have a straight talk with her and find out what she has in her mind and if she has the same feelings he has for her.

He didn't want all the love talk to disturb her studies, so he decided to wait till her return. He very much wanted to be there at the airport when she returned back from Texas, but he couldn't as his seminar in Florida got extended and his team was banking on him to win the project.

Finally he was back from Florida and was looking forward to meet Arohi, but didn't expect her to show up at the airport. He felt so happy seeing her that he wanted to hug and kiss her right there, but Kat was around and he didn't want to embarrass himself or Arohi. He wasn't sure, if she still has some reservation against him. He was still wary of her dual personality and decided to tread carefully till he gets a chance to discuss all issues with her.

Also Kat was acting weird since the last two weeks. Though first, working with her closely felt awkward, he got used to it. She is a really beautiful girl, but once he realized he is in love with Arohi and she told him about her love for Roger, he felt at ease and there have been no issues. But since the last fifteen days, he sensed something changed in her. He knew she has been fighting with Roger, but that was common between them, so he didn't pay much attention to it. Though in the beginning he dismissed the changes as coincidental, he is more aware now and increased his guard.

Since they both have been working closely for some time now, they do come into contact with each other often, but as friends it didn't matter, as the contacts were brief and lasted only for milliseconds, but now he started feeling the change as her hands try to linger on him for those additional seconds, that crosses the friendly line. She tried to give him back massage twice and almost kissed him once. He decided to have a talk with her first to clear the air, as he didn't want to loose a good friend and colleague.

While returning from airport, when Yudhi dropped Kat at her home, she reminded him about the party and whispered in his ear about some surprise and tried to kiss him again. Yudhi was very alert and moved his head in time to avoid the kiss. For a few minutes he was afraid if Arohi saw that, but was sure she would say something if she saw Kat's attempt to kiss him. That was a close save and he needs to fix the issue with Kat as soon as possible.

Meanwhile his boss called and he didn't get a chance to talk to Arohi. He thought it was better to fix the issue with Kat before talking to Arohi, then he would be able to explain in case she saw anything and they both can start a new page in life without any unresolved issues and doubts about each other.

Yudhi wasn't interested in going to the party, as Arohi was home. He went because he wanted to thank the team and also settle the issue with Kat. Sharply at 7 PM Kat came and picked him up for the party.

At the party Yudhi kept track of his consumption of alcohol. He did two rounds of shots and stuck to beer. Kat on the other hand was drunk and looked nervous.

"Kat, can we go now, it's almost 11 PM." Yudhi pulled her aside.

"Sure Yudhi, can you drive? "

"Yes, let's go." Yudhi thanked every one for the party and then helped Kat to the car.

After reaching Kat's home.

"Kat we are home. Can you go on your own?" Yudhi asked Kat after reaching her house.

"Yudhi can you come with me please. I don't want to be alone. Please spend some time with me and then go."

"Ok, lets go." Yudhi was hoping to discuss Kat's behavior.