Part 38

Arohi's POV

After the shoe incident, I managed to keep away from Yudhi for two days. Actually it was a record, as there was absolutely no contact with Yudhi.

On third day, I felt like something was missing. I got used to Yudhi's pranks so much, that unknowingly I was looking forward to his pranks. I knew it was difficult for me to keep away from him for a long time.

Instead of trying to avoid him, I started looking for him. It had been almost forty eight hours without contact, more than seventy two hours without a kiss and almost the same without a hug. I was surprised that I was keeping track of the hours and realized how much I love him and am going to miss him, in case I marry someone else.

In fact, I could feel the change in my thoughts. Before the bet started, I was very positive that nothing would change my decision as it involves my family, but now I am not so sure about it. I started analyzing different ways I could break the engagement without impact to anyone.

Right now, I am miserable and need to confirm that Yudhi still loves me and didn't give up on me after my outburst. So I reversed my rules temporarily, hoping to make it easy for Yudhi and his pranks.

It was almost dinner time and Yudhi came home  late. I was going downstairs and he was coming from the other side. Instead of avoiding him and backing down, I went right in front of him, hoping he would do something. As I crossed him, I closed my eyes and prepared my self for the impact, hoping he would smack me or do something as usual,  but nothing happened. He just crossed me engrossed in his phone and email  as if they were more important than me.

The entire incident scared me. The only reason I was successful in avoiding Yudhi was, he was avoiding me. How can he give up on me so easily? I need to try harder and win back his attention.

"Arohi do you need anything?" My mom asked as I stepped inside the kitchen.

"No Ma, what are you doing? Do you need any help?"

"I am waiting for Yudhi, wanted to make sure he is eating right, as he is very busy with his project and is neglecting his food."

"I will take care of it Ma, you go ahead and take rest. I will serve him and make sure he is eating." I sent mom away and waited for Yudhi to show up. I have to make use of every opportunity I get.

Yudhi came downstairs and was going into the kitchen to get a plate, when I pulled his hand and led him to the dining table. I pushed him to sit where I already setup his plate.
"I am your server for today. Let me know if you need anything."  I patted his shoulder.

"Common Arohi! You must be having more important things to do than serving me food. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself." He replied after looking at me for some time, probably wondering why I am  sticking close to him, instead of running away from him.

"I have received complaints that you are not eating well, so I am here to personally supervise you." I moved close to him without actually touching him, but close enough for him to feel my heat.

"Sure ..." he stopped and looked at his buzzing phone. Then he started browsing through his email and wasn't paying attention to his food.

After watching him for five minutes, I couldn't take it anymore and snatched his phone and put in my pj"s pocket.

"Wait! You can't do that. I was going through an important email." He scowled.

"It can wait." I didn’t budge as he was eyeing my pockets to get the phone back.

After making sure he had a full meal, I released him from the dining table.
He washed his hands and came back to me.
"Please can I have my phone back?"

I looked at him for a few seconds and then he pursed his lips trying to look cute and made me laugh. "Ok" I slowly removed the phone from my pocket and gave it to him, giving him ample opportunity to get intimate, but his mind was elsewhere.

I was lost in thought after Yudhi left with his phone. I realized I was competing with his project to get his attention. But how could he place his project before me? I should be his first priority. He should be spending all his time chasing me not that stupid project. Maybe he gave up on me and is concentrating on the project full time. I cannot loose to his project.

I decided to get to the bottom of this. If I can't make him pay attention to me, I am gonna loose him forever to his project work. I decided to use my last card to lure back Yudhi.

I had to wait for the right moment when no one else was home. I had to wait till the next day when mom and dad were on shift and Abhi went for a sleepover. It was a war between me and his project.

Yudhi was alone in his room working. I took a head bath and dressed up in his favorite saree. I put on a few jewelry, which I know he likes. I left my long  hair open and down, put on my golden anklets, made sure my pedicure was perfect. I moved the saree below my navel leaving my waist and belly button exposed. This was my last chance and I need to use every resource I got, as time was running out.

Fully prepared, I moved slowly for the kill, towards his room and knocked lightly on his door.

"Yes?" He answered.

I slowly turned the door knob and entered the room.