Part 29

Yudhi walked all the five miles back to home. It gave him time to think through his actions, even though he was very drunk.

Arohi cried all through the night. She couldn't believe something like this could happen to her. She never had to go through so much disappointment in life. She was able to achieve all her dreams except for Yudhi. Now she felt that he is moving away from her and there is no way she can bridge the gap, after what Yudhi did with Kat, her best friend's sister.

Yudhi stepped into the house and on his way to his room stopped by Arohi's room and listened for any sounds. He was hoping that if Arohi was awake, he could chat with her.

Arohi heard the front door opening and closing. She checked the time, it was almost five in the morning. She knew it was Yudhi returning after his dirty deed with Kat and that made her both angry and sad again. There were no more tears left in her eyes as she has been crying the whole night. But actually listening to him come home made her angry. She could hear him by her door, so she remained quiet as she didn't want him to see her with a crying face. She even controlled her breathing till she heard Yudhi step away and enter his room.

She will have to deal with Yudhi some day, but she decided it was not going to be today.

Next day Yudhi woke up late in the day and realized that he had less than 20 hours to make up with Arohi, so he quickly took a shower and went downstairs.

He went downstairs and sat by the dining table and looked around, but couldn't see Arohi anywhere. After lunch while he was talking to Arvind, Abhi came up to him and gave him his cell phone.

"Yudhi, call from Kat" Abhi handed over the phone to Yudhi as she saw Kat's picture on the screen. Arohi was actually right across Yudhi sleeping on the sofa, so Yudhi couldn't see her. But as soon as she heard Kat's name, her ears went on alert and she started listening to Yudhi's conversation with Kat. Since she couldn't hear what Kat was saying on the other side, she was trying to guess the conversation based on Yudhi's responses. She had no clue that Yudhi was actually speaking to Roger.

"Hey Kat, how you feeling?" Yudhi asked switching on the phone.

"Hey Yudhi, its me Roger. We are good, how you doing?" Roger was actually speaking on the other side and was using Kat's phone to call Yudhi.

"Hey excellent! just a few aches here and there."

"Hmm..idiots..I wish both of you suffer with more aches and pains." Arohi cursed.

"Did you at any time mix so many cocktails before in your life? Just want to know how you feel next day." Roger asked Yudhi.

"OMG! it was amazing experience. It was my first time but really amazing. I really enjoyed it. I don't know how to thank you for introducing me to wonderful new experiences." Yudhi replied to Roger.

"Bastard..how dare he enjoyed it...while I was suffering here and crying my heart out" Arohi thought trying to control the tears and the soaring sadness in her heart.

"Yudhi, want to do it again? I can teach you the secrets. Free today? You can come to my place" Roger asked.

"Sure, we should do it again. Teach me all the tricks. I am not free today, but tomorrow Arohi and family are going to India, so I am free. We can do it here or at your place. Looking forward to it." Yudhi replied to Roger.

"Eeew..eew..you guys are horrible." Arohi screamed getting up from the sofa and raced upstairs. She couldn't take it anymore. Whatever little hope she had on Yudhi realizing his mistake and coming back to her was shattered into million pieces.

"Roger, I will call you later. Bye." Yudhi put the phone down and asked Abhi, who also watched Arohi screaming and racing upstairs. "Abhi what happened to her? Why did she scream?"

"I don't know. She has been sick since yesterday and behaving weirdly. Her best friend Kim is trying to talk to her and she won't pick up the phone. She even dropped her cell phone and broke it." Abhi replied.

Yudhi went upstairs to Arohi's room. She was lying face down on her pillow and crying.

"Arohi, are you ok? What happened?" Yudhi tried to turn her face.

"Please go away. Leave me alone."

"Atleast tell me what happened?" Yudhi begged.

"Just go away..go away... leave me alone" she screamed.

Yudhi backed out and called Arvind.

"Uncle, something is wrong with Arohi, can you check on her?"

Arvind went it and talked to her. Yudhi stood outside the room waiting patiently for Arvind to come out. He never saw her like that. Her face was all red and looks like she was really very sick or has been crying. Finally Arvind came out.

"Its ok Yudhi, she is not feeling well and wants to take rest. She said she had a nightmare and hence she screamed."

Yudhi felt better but was undecided if he should wait to talk to her or take his chance now and let her know how he feels about her.

Arohi didn't leave her room for rest of the day. She knew that Yudhi came to her room three times and knocked on the door, but she didn't open the door. She was afraid she would kill him if she saw him in this state. Her wounds were still raw and she was not sure how long it will take for them to heal. But she cannot bear to look at him while she is recovering. She was afraid she would loose control and hurt him physically and she didn't want it to come to that as their parents were close friends.

She was amazed at Yudhi's behaviour as her pain was limitless, but Yudhi was acting as if he has no clue why she is sick and acting weird. She knew that he knew she has feelings for him. She didn't even complain to her parents about his behavior on party night. After all those intimate hours she spent with him, he ditched her for some short term entertainment.

Yudhi was hanging around Arohi's room hoping she would come out at some point or open her door. He was worried about her health and felt bad that he went to party while she was not feeling well.

Later in the evening when Reena returned from work, she checked upon Arohi to make sure she was ok to travel to India. Yudhi asked her about Arohi.

"She has no fever, so she should be ok by tomorrow if she gets enough rest."

After Reena left, Yudhi went into her room. Arohi knew Yudhi came in, so she closed her eyes and was acting as if she was asleep. He sat by her side and watched her for some time. He put his hand on her face to check if she has temperature. Then he tucked the loose strands behind her ear and slightly caressed her cheeks. Arohi's wasn't expecting Yudhi to treat her like that. She thought he was over her and in love with Kat.

She was trying her best to keep her eyes closed. Half part of her was craving for his touch and other half detested him so much that she never wanted to come into contact with him again.