Part 22

Yudhi stood there watching Arohi disappear into the security check queue.

He felt like crashing into the queue, find her, hug and kiss her and make her his own.

He forced himself to control the urge, as there were two cops in the front, fully armed and ready to shoot.

He couldn't believe she played him all along. He waited till he was certain she was on the flight and then slowly made it to the parking lot.

He sat inside the car thinking about the times he spent with Arohi and the close encounters they had with each other. He felt he could spend his entire life just reminiscing the memories about their encounters, the electrifying touch of her skin, the smell of her perfume, feel of her long silky hair and her cute puppy face. He couldn't imagine his feelings and joy, if he can have her forever, it would be like conquering Mount Everest.

He would have to wait three months to see her again. "Aah! three months of pain and torture." He thought.

As he slowly started weaving through traffic, the logical part of his brain took control over the romantic part and he started thinking "Why now? Why did she tell me now that there was no boyfriend? If there was no boyfriend in New Jersey, then what was she doing that day in New Jersey, the day he met her for the first time and lost his heart and soul to her. How convenient for her to say those words and disappear for three months."

All his brainstorming led to only one conclusion - that she is not interested in him and wanted to keep him at a distance, hence she lied about the boyfriend.

But the few intimate moments he spent with her, he felt different. He could feel her body wanting to merge with his own and the way her lips trembled, the way their heartbeats were in sync, he was sure she wanted him as much as he wanted her. She cannot deny the chemistry between them and he was one who had to control himself from taking it to next level.

Every time he felt like he lost her, she comes back with a bang and gives him hope. It's like living and dying multiple times and each time it happens, it takes lot of effort for him to remove her from his system and get back on the horse again and concentrate on his work. Now she did it again, gave him hope but vanished to college for three months. Meanwhile he needs to survive, work and deliver on a very important project for the future of mankind.

He needs to get off the rollercoaster and get back to work. She is never going to give him a chance to express his love and he can't approach her on his own if she keeps on creating imaginary boyfriends.

"Only God knows how this is going to end." He decided to work her out of his system and concentrate on his work.

Meanwhile Arohi sat on the plane daydreaming and playing the last few hours of her life in loopback mode. She couldn't bear the pain in Yudhi's eyes when he hugged her and wanted to come clean and undo the lies of the past few days. She didn't know how to untangle herself from the web of lies she herself created. She wished she could go back in time and fix all the issues between them, but you get to live your life only once. Wished she had access to the time travel thingy.

She didn't plan to tell him about the fake NJ boyfriend so soon, but it just came out and now she is not sure what Yudhi might be thinking about her.

"Is he happy that there is no boyfriend or angry at me for lying to him?" I guess she has no way to know the truth and has to wait for 3 months. She could call him, but matters of heart should be dealt face-to-face looking into each other's eyes.

"Am I in love with him or is it just infatuation?" She kept on thinking. "I need to figure out my feelings for him before I do anything stupid. So I am going to maintain radio silence for three months and see if I can forget Yudhi. If after three months I am convinced I am in love with him, I will do anything to make him fall in love with me." She decides and convinces herself that it is the best approach for now.