Part 34

Arohi POV

After we reached home, I took a shower and was looking at myself in the mirror. I saw a happy face with big smile plastered on it. There was a glow in my face and I was also feeling it in my heart. This happens to me whenever I spend time with Yudhi. The hours and seconds I am with him are the happiest moments of my life.

As soon as I stepped into the room, I saw my mother was waiting for me.

"Arohi, I want to remind you that you are a bride now and need to carry yourself with responsibility." I felt her tone cold and with one blow she erased the happy smile off my face, reminding me of my new status and upcoming engagement.

"I know mom, why are you telling me again?"

"I don't know, you tell me. I just wanted to make sure nothing changed, as I saw you and Yudhi in the queue, from a distance and felt that you were almost in his lap."

"Common Ma, didn't you see the crowds? Moreover you were the one who asked Yudhi to take care of me."

"I know, but you both seem to be in your own world even when the queues were normal and from the looks people were giving you guys, I thought you were overdoing the whole thing." She could have rather slapped me than say things like that, though it was true.

"I was really scared seeing the crowds and felt safe with Yudhi's arms around me. I am sorry if you took it wrongly. I promise I will be more careful in future and will never do anything to make you look bad." I couldn't believe what I was saying, as it was part lie.

"Its okay Arohi, I know you well, so am giving you the benefit of doubt, but you don't have the same luxury with others and I don't want to be on the explaining end to your in-laws. So please make sure how you present yourself in public. Goodnight honey." She kissed me and left.

After my mom left, I got depressed. I forgot my current circumstances and got carried over with Yudhi. My mom was right, it had the potential to hurt my parent's reputation and our family. I should be more careful and avoid Yudhi at all costs. There is no way I can be a normal friend to Yudhi, as we are opposite poles and any small weakness on either side, we would end up doing something bad that will ruin everything for my family. Moreover nothing changed between Yudhi and Kat, so I was a fool to forget everything and fall for his charms.

I was clear on my course of action. Later that day, Yudhi tried to talk to me, but I managed to avoid him rest of the day. I couldn't sleep that night, because I felt the torture of not being able to speak to Yudhi and at the same time, keep the promises I made to my parents. So I went and knocked on my parents door.

"Ma, can I sleep with you for tonight." I asked Mom, getting into bed.

"Sure Aru, lets kick your dad out." My dad understood my situation and didn't say anything, patted me and left the room.

"I am sorry Arohi, I didn't mean to hurt you earlier." My mom apologized.

"It's ok ma, don't worry about it." I slowly drifted into dreams.

Next day me and my parents were leaving for Bangalore and Yudhi was leaving for Mumbai later with his parents. My parents were planning to reach Mumbai tomorrow after dropping me at Bangalore for my seminar. After reaching Mumbai, they were planning to prepare for my engagement ceremony with Sid.

I was almost done packing and getting ready to leave for the airport, when Yudhi barged in and closed the door.

"We need to talk Arohi." He demanded.

"Please leave the door open and there is nothing to talk Yudhi." I tried to remain calm and away from him.

"You owe me an explanation. Also how can you be like this, hot and cold. Do you have a split personality?" I knew he was going to ask this question.