10

1 and half month later...

I was training with Dr. Strange on improving my powers. Wanda has been out on a mission for a couple weeks, so Tony thought it'd be a good idea to train with him.

I've been living here for the past month and a half. Dr. Strange, Tony and Bruce were still trying to figure out my powers, they've ran test after test and can't find the answers they're looking for.

"Do you ever plan on telling them?" Dr. Strange says as he takes a seat next to me.

"Eventually," I look up at him.

"What's holding you back?"

I let out a sigh. If I can trust anyone it's Strange, he really kept my secret this entire time. Never mentioning it to anyone. He offered to help me look for answers but we reached dead end after dead end.

So I gave up. It's like the place I got my powers from, never existed. I was starting to think I was crazy. That I was just imaging it myself. But he thinks otherwise, he believes me. He knew what i gone through was real. He felt the pain.

"I don't have answers to give them if they have questions. I don't even have answers to my own questions. Plus, what if I did horrible things?" I say.

"But I'm afraid of how they'll act. Before you guys, I had nobody, for years. I finally know what it feels like to have a family," I look at him with fear in my eyes.

"Rose, they'll accept you no matter what," he tried to reassure me.

"Strange, I'm scared that I'll lose all of them," I said as a tear rolls down my face.

We stayed in silence. "Anyway, I want to know everything before I tell them. So I'm prepared," I say as I compose myself.

"Rose, maybe not knowing is for the best? Would you be able handle the truth if it's not what you want it to be?"

He's right. Would I be able to handle the honest truth?

"We'll find out eventually."

He taught me so many things, mind manipulation, mind reading, channeling my energy to protect others and how to use my powers to heal others.

"Are you ready to go back tomorrow?"

"Kinda? Don't get me wrong I miss them like hell but I enjoy being here as well. I enjoy the peace I get from here." It's wasn't a complete lie but it wasn't the whole truth.

"Rose, what is it that you're running from?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Look, you've become the master of blocking people out but I know you're running from something," he says.

He wasn't completely wrong. I am dreading to go back because of one person and my feelings. I thought leaving the compound would help me move on from Bucky.

I left a couple days after his date with the girl from the bar. I refused to let Natasha tell me anything about it. So I'm not sure if he's still seeing her.

"I'm not."

"Keep telling yourself that," he chuckles.

"Anyways, will I expect you and Wong at the party?"

"Definitely not."

"Come on! Have fun for once!"

"I don't know Rose."