20

"Rose....yeah I'm back," Steve gives me a small smile.

Steve is back at the compound. Steve fucking Rodgers is back in the compound. I don't know what I'm feeling. Disbelief or confusion. I don't what I'm more confused on the fact that he's here or why is he here?

"What are you doing here?" I ask as nicely as possible.

I don't want to sound rude or anything. I genuinely want to know why he's here, after all these months later. I look over at Sam and he's unusually quiet, looking anywhere but at me. I turn to look at Bucky and see his eyes don't meet mine.

"Um, I came to see you," he says cautiously.

"Why?" I blur out as I look at him.

"When Sam told me that you were awake I decided to come back," Steve says.

What did he just say? I must have heard him wrong. He didn't just say that Sam Wilson had verbally told him that I was out of my coma.

"I'm sorry what? Who told you?" I chuckle out in disbelief.

Steve looked at me with concern that I was finding this funny. How could I not? He just mistakenly said Sam told him I was awake.

"Sam," Steve says with hesitation.

I just looked at Sam and he has guilt written all over his face. Oh. My. God. He's not joking. I-I thought I was able to trust him. How could I be so stupid? Sam is always going to choose his friendship with Steve over me.

"Sam told you," I say in disbelief.

"Rose, I-" Steve says.

"NO! You told him?!" I shout at Sam.

"Rose, I know I bro-" Sam starts to say.

"HOW COULD YOU SAM?!" I yell in anger.

"Rose, let me explain please," Sam says in a tone of regret.

"Sam I trusted you. You promised me you wouldn't tell him until I was ready," I shout.

"And when was that going to be Rose?" Steve says from behind him.

"YOU! Shut up!," I point at Steve and he looks at me wide eye.

"I thought we were friends Sam," I focus my attention back to him.

I looked at him waiting for his response. I understand that Steve is always going to be his best friend but I thought he respected me enough to hold this promise.

"Rose, you have to believe me we are friends," Sam says lowly.

"Then why did you tell him?" I ask.

It hurt knowing that my friend would go behind my back and do something they promised me they wouldn't do. He broke the promise he made to me.

"Rose...he should've been told," he sighs.

"Sam, you had no right to tell Steve!" I shout.

"Rose, he should've been told the day you came out that coma," Sam shouts angrily.

Oh he's angry at me? He's angry that we didn't tell him? He really has some nerve right now. Oh yeah, he has every fucken right to be angry at me. I shouldn't be angry.

"No Sam! That decision was up to me!" I yell.

Before Sam can respond to me the doors the lead us into the building burst open and Wanda, Natasha and Scott walk in, completely concerned.

"Steve?" Scott asks as if he can't believe he's here right now.

You and I both Scott.

"What's with all the shouting out here?!" Natasha asks.