42

I sat at the breakfast by myself, just staring at my food. I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. Everything had lost its taste. I just wanted to get as far as way as I can possibly can.

Away from everyone and everything.

A shuffling sound outside brings me out of my own sad thoughts. A small breeze passes through. I look over at the time and see that it's only 8:26am. I've been up for almost 2 hours.

Everyone should be up in the next hour. Maybe I should make everyone breakfast. I get up from my seat and place my plate in the sink. I take out all the ingredients to make some French Toast, Sam's favorite.

After I gather all the ingredients, I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun.

"Time to make some breakfast," I whisper to myself.

*-*-*-*

I look over the kitchen counter. Everything was ready for them to eat. I start to wash everything I used. Again stuck in my thoughts.

"Hi Rose," he says timidly.

I couldn't help but jump at his simple greeting, I didn't hear him walk in. I let out a small laugh.

"I didn't hear you walk in," I say.

"I know, I saw that you were deep in thought. Is, you know, everything okay?" He asks.

No.

"Yes. I'm just a little nervous about the mission tomorrow," I lie.

"You don't have anything to worry about. It shouldn't result in what occurred last time. You'll be fine," he reassured me.

'It's not me who I'm worried about' is what I really wanted to say. I just give him a small smile.

"It smells great in here," he smiles.

"I made some breakfast for everyone," I smile as I put the leave the last dish to dry.

"I see that you made Sam's favorite," he smiles.

"Yeah. Anything to get him off my back on them," I smile.

He's been begging me to make them since I've been back. I kept putting it off only to tease him a little but I felt like it was time.

I watch Bruce grab a plate and starts to serve himself some food. He goes to sit at the table, where he usually always sits.

"Are you not going to eat?" He asks.

"No. I already ate," I lied.

"I'm just going to head out for a bit. Tell everyone to help themselves," I smile.

*-*-*-*

Bucky's POV

I lazily move my hand around, seeking the warmth I desperately wanted to feel. Her warmth. After a couple seconds of feeling nothing, I open my eyes and search for her. I quickly realize that I'm alone in bed.

A sense of deja vu hits me. My mind goes back to the morning after Tony's wedding. Waking up to her gone. I remove the covers off of my naked body and I quickly place some clothes on. We had woken up in the middle of night and got to doing some activities.

I make my way downstairs and I can smell the delicious smell of food. I pick up my pace and barge into the kitchen, desperately looking for her.

"Cyborg! Come and eat." Sam calls out to me.

"Has anyone seen Rose?" I ignore him.

"Yeah she went out. She made breakfast for us, she said she'll be back soon," Bruce says.