24

RING!

The noise has been driving Rose mad for the last 10 minutes. She frustratingly jumps up from her bed and quickly grabs her phone. Clearly annoyed.

"WHAT!?"

"WHERE ARE YOU!?" Natasha loud voice comes through the other end of the line.

"In bed. Why?"

"It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon! You were suppose to be here 2 hours ago!"

"No it's not! It's..." Rose looks at her phone and sees the time.

"Shit. I'm sorry Nat. I'm on my way." Rose says guilty.

"HURRY UP WOMAN!"

Before Rose can get another word in, Natasha hangs up the phone. Rose quickly jumps out of bed and runs to get her things ready. She grabs her dress, shoes and makeup and stuffs them into her car.

"I'm already late as it is. I should probably eat brunch," Rosa says to herself.

She knew Natasha was going to be pissed but she needed to eat. She quickly makes herself something and eats. Rose grabs the last few things she needs and speeds off to the compound.

After arriving 20 minutes later, she grabs her things and heads inside. Surprisingly the whole compound is quite.

"Hello?" Rose shouts.

"In the lab!"

Rose makes her way into the lab and finds Tony there working on something.

"Seriously Tony?" Rose says as she shakes her head.

"Kid! It's nice seeing you again! How's your break from us going?" Tony smiles giving her, his undivided attention.

"It's nice to see you too Tony. It's actually getting pretty boring. I really miss you guys," Rose says sadly.

"Does that mean you'll be moving back in?" Tony smiles.

"Possibly," Rose smiles at him.

"There's no pressure kid. Whenever you're ready, the doors are always open. Your room isn't going anywhere," Tony smiles warmly at her.

"Thank you Tony. I seriously don't deserve your kindness."

"Nonsense. If anything you deserve much more."

"So where's everyone?"

"They're around here somewhere. The guys actually went out to pick up their tuxes and are going to help set things up for the fundraiser," Tony says.

"Oh okay."

Tony looks at Rose with a sad guilty expression. He knows almost everyone has apologized to her about their part of the situation. But he didn't get the chance and he can't help but feel ashamed for being part of the reason of her emotional distress.

"Listen kid..." Tony begins to say as he shoves his hands into his pockets.

"I wanted to apologize about the whole Steve situation. If I would've known the exact reason why he left, theres no way in hell I would've called him," Tony says.

Rose looks at Tony with sad eyes. She knew that he wanted what was best for her but she just couldn't help but feel hurt. But after having some time to think things over, she forgave Tony immediately. She knew he wanted what was best for her.

She goes around the table and wraps her hands around him. Tony is caught a bit by surprise but hugs her back. He places his hand on her heard almost like cradling her.