26

As if fate wanted to mock me, my time alone with Bucky came to an end rather too quickly. We were now boarded on a jet heading to Germany. A part of me dreaded to meet up with Klaw, but another part of me was ready for this mission. I still couldn't shake off the video that FRIDAY had played last week.

I know I've seen the person from the video but from where? I am brought out of my thoughts when I feel Steve sit next to me.

"Hey," he smiles at me.

"Hi."

"How's it going?"

"It's going good," I gently smile at him.

"Look Rose, I just wanted to apologize for the way I've acted. I was way out of line, I shouldn't have said what I said. I-I want you to be happy. I also wanted to say sorry about leaving. I shouldn't have left during a time you needed a friend. I was selfish," Steve says sadly.

"It's okay Steve. I should've reacted differently too.."

"No. You have nothing to apologize for. I take full responsibility. I was hoping, we can move forward and be friends. Friends?," he smiles at me.

"Friends." I smile at him back.

"I'm glad Bucky has you. It's been a while since he's been..."

"Happy?"

"No. Since he's been able to accept that he deserves to be loved," Steve smiles at me.

I look over at Bucky as he's talking to Sam but he's already staring at me. A smile appears on his lips when our eyes connect. He gently pats Sam's shoulder, says something and makes his way over to us.

"Hey Buck," Steve says.

"Hey man," Bucky says.

"Hi sweetheart," Bucky winks at me.

"Hi," I blush.

"I'll leave you two alone," Steve stands up and Bucky takes his spot.

Bucky places his arm around me, I lean in and Bucky hold tightens.

"You nervous?" Bucky asks.

"Yeah, I just don't like the fact that I need to flirt with this man to get information," I sigh.

"I fucken hate it," Bucky growls.

"You're cute when you're possessive you know?" I smirk.

"Cute?" Bucky scrunches his face.

"Yes cute."

"I think you meant hot," Bucky says.

"I think you're hot when you have your hand wrapped around my throat," I whisper seductively in his ear.

Bucky lets out a groan and immediately shifts in his seat. Earning a couple glances from Sam.

"Behave," Bucky growls into my ear.

I let out a small chuckle and go back to what I was thinking earlier. I don't know why but I can't shake off this feeling of I don't know what. Bucky notices my mood change because his hold on me tightens. I look at him and give him a force smile.

"Are you sure your okay?" Bucky asks.

"Yeah," I give a more convincing smile.

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Of course. I promise everything is okay," I smile at him.

He is about to say something but is cut off by Tony. Which I'm kinda grateful for because I don't want to worry him or anyone.