58

*Not Edited* (leave your comments 💜)

"James?"

Bucky turns around and finds the familiar face and smiles.

"Hi White Wolf," Ayo greets again as she walks further in.

"Hi Ayo."

He notices a fresh pair of blankets in hand. She hands them over to him and Bucky takes them.

"It has gotten colder at night and we hope those will keep you warmer."

"Thank you Ayo," Bucky smiles.

"Very well. I will let you rest. We shall see you in the morning," Ayo says before she walks out.

Bucky places the blankets onto the bed. He unpacks his clothes and grabs his towels. He wanted to take a shower and head to bed. He grabs a fresh pair of clothes and heads to the lake.

He removes his clothes and places them away. Slowly, he steps into the water and feels his body relax. He's glad that he remembers the warm areas of the lake. Ayo had been current it had gotten a bit more chilly.

Bucky enjoys the warm water as he tries to relax even more. He had so much on his mind. Rose always being at the top of it. When would he be able to accept that she's gone? The real question is: Can he?

No matter how he's tried the past 4 months, he just couldn't. He still can't. He refuses too accept it. Bucky dives under water and ignores the world around him. He opens his eyes and sees just how crystal clear the water is. The sun shining onto the water.

He resurfaced back up and takes a deep breath of air. He takes his time swimming around. Enjoying the quietness of Wakanda. About 15 minutes later, Bucky realizes that the sun is starting to set so he decides to head back. He swims to the edge of where he had taken a step in. He grabs his towel and quickly placed it around his waist as he fully steps out.

He quickly slips on his grey sweats, red long sleeve, and slippers. He runs the towel through his hair, trying to dry it. He runs his finger through his wet hair. He continues to walk along the lake and the sun now setting lower.

A slight breeze passes through Bucky and he abruptly stops in his tracks. He feels his heart pounding hard and violently against his chest. His blood rushes to his ears. The breeze hugs him tightly, almost as if feeling her there.

Letting him know that she's there with him. He closes his eyes once more. Tears threatening to escape. Was this her way of telling him that no matter what she's right there next to him?

The breeze gently passes him once more, this time hugging him tightly. He takes a deep breath and the most intoxicating smell invades his nostrils. A tear manages to escape his eye and rolls down his cheek.

Bucky takes another deep breath and it becomes much more clear. The sweet smell that he came to miss surrounds him, hugging him tightly. One that he never thought he'd smell ever again.

Sweet watermelon.

His eyes snap open and he can feel his heart pounding furiously as each second goes by. The sound of grass being stepped raids his ears and he quickly looks up.

Bucky can physically feels his breath hitch and get caught in his throat all at the same time. He can't find his ability to move. His eyes are locked at the figure in front of him.

Rose.

He couldn't believe it what his eyes were seeing. He must be dreaming. Was his eyes playing a sick trick on him? He watches her face and sees the tears in her eyes and they slowly escape down her beautiful skin.