Chapter 21: The Injured Princess

Link rushed across the eccentric blue and silver bridge towards the entrance to Zora's Domain, an unconscious Zelda still on his back. 

"Halt!" One of the two Zora guards said, both holding their spears up in the rain.

"Move, Rivan!" Link yelled, jumping over their spears. Rivan and Dunma, the second female guard stared in awe as Link leaped.

"L-Link? Sorry, we didn't know- Link what's the rush? And who is that!?"  Rivan called out, however, Link was already rushing up the stairs towards the Seabed Inn. Link's stamina was already starting to wane, still, he pressed up the water-flooded stairs.

"Kayden! Kodah!" Link panted towards the owners of the inn, his knees giving out from carrying Zelda. She definitely wasn't heavy for a human, but still enough to give way after carrying such a distance.

"Link?" The beige-colored female Zora, Kodah called, turning from the bookcase.

"Link, what's on you- By the Goddess Hylia, is that a girl?" Kayden asked, rushing from behind his desk to aid the Hylian knight. At this point Link's knees were shaking, giving way to the weight.

"Link, don't worry about Rupees, lets just get her into bed... These burn marks... What happened?" Kodah said, Kayden helping Link carry Zelda to the bed.

"A... Wizzrobe hit us... from behind..." Link gasped as he caught his breath, Zelda now laying in the waterbed.

"Link, this isn't who I think it is..." Kayden started. Link sighed. Of course, most of the Zora would remember her.

"It is... but keep it quiet for now." Link said, having collected himself. "Do we have any Zora that's good with healing?"

"We have some I believe, but these are electric wounds," Kodah said, the Zora now examining Zelda's burns. "Zora usually don't tend to electric wounds. Most Zora hit with electricity usually die..."

Link growled quietly. It was his fault. He didn't remember the Wizzrobe. He didn't shoot it fast enough.

"Kayden, grab Link a chair would you?" Kodah asked. Kayden nodded as he walked out of the inn to find a stool.

"Is there anything I can do to help you Link?" Kodah asked. "Should I inform King Dorephan and the Prince that you've arrived?"

"No... No, I'll let them know I'm here in the morning. Just... just let me stay like this for a while." Link said as Kayden walked in with a stool. Kodah nodded.

"Don't worry about the beds for tonight. It's on the house, you did daube the Domain after all." Kayden said as Link sat down.

"Thanks, Kayden... I appreciate it." Link said solemnly, without looking at him. Kodah and Kayden looked at each other before exiting the inn for the night, leaving Link alone with Zelda.

Link watched as Zelda's chest rose and fell silently, the sound of waterfalls and rivers flowing in the distance. He couldn't believe he had let this happen on their first adventure after the Calamity. How could he have forgotten the Wizzrobe? He was distracted. Distracted by her beauty and her charm. And that's what got her hurt. He was supposed to be a Knight, and yet here he was acting as if he had never had any kind of training before. He couldn't even blame the Master Sword.

This was on him.

* * *

"Link... I know you're upset right now but, we need to let King Dorephan know you are here. He has been expecting you to arrive..." Kayden said, staring down at the seated Knight hesitantly. The rain had stopped, and the light of morning was now shining through the pillars of the Domain as Link sat in front of a still unconscious Zelda. Bags were under his bloodshot eyes as he hadn't turned away for even a moment. Link nodded.