Chapter 32: Bolson and Zelda's Chat

Zelda sighed as she leaned over her wooden desk under the stairs. Maps of Vah Ruta that Zelda had drawn herself were sprawled everywhere as books she had scavenged from the castle weeks prior had been open around her. The original legends of Calamity Ganon, the History of Ten Thousand Years ago, notes the Sheikah Researchers had taken a hundred years ago, and the notes she had taken during their escapade into the Beast only a few days ago.

Nothing.

Nothing in the books had anything passed Sealing the Calamity with her Sealing Powers and the Sword that Sealed the Darkness. Nothing in the Beast schematics had anything to do with Ancient Sheikah Monks controlling the Beast by will. Nothing had anything she needed. Zelda groaned as she leaned back in her chair, doing her best to rub the tired out of her eyes. She really did have a habit of stressing herself out, didn't she?

Zelda dropped her arms before blinking a few times, staring back down at the desk. She smiled, her eyes locking onto the woodwork of favorable area. She remembered the day Link had showed surprised her with it after climbing practice. Sometimes... This felt like the safest place for her when alone. A place built specifically for her and her interest by the one closest to her. Really though, it was only when she was alone.

When she was with Link, anywhere was the safest place.

Zelda pushed her chair back, standing and choosing to stretch. She ended up filling the shelves around the desk with books and maps they had gathered from the Castle, claiming they would be of use later on. In fact, she had come back to their home in Hateno to read those very same books, insisting that they may be a bit useful to their efforts. They hadn't, but it was worth a try.

Zelda walked away, grabbing the Sheikah Slate she had used to teleport here from the Domain with, and headed towards the cabins entrance. Link must be waiting for her to return to the Domain. She had told him she wouldn't be gone long, having left early that morning. She opened the door, the blazing sunlight blinding her as she rose her arm to shield her eyes. She brought the Sheikah Slate up, looking at the time on the screen. 3 P.M...

"Hiiiiii," A lofty voice said a small distance away from her. Zelda jumped, surprised by the sudden disturbance of the silence around her, turning to see Bolson yet again sitting under the tree.

"Why if it isn't Marin! It's wonderful to see you again," Bolson continued, giving the blonde girl a small wave. Zelda looked confused for a second. Who was Marin?

Suddenly the realization hit her almost as hard as the Lynel did. That was the name she used before they reached Zora's Domain. The Zora remembered her from a hundred years ago, they didn't need a cover up name over there.

"H-Hello Bolson, it's good to see you. Enjoying the view under the tree yet again I presume?" Zelda asked, recollecting herself.

"You know me well. I believe I remember having a similar conversation with that dashing swordsman of yours. Where is he anyway?" Bolson asked, looking around just a bit.

"Back at Zora's Domain at the moment. You know how we like to travel," Zelda said with a smile.

"So... He's not here?" Bolson asked. Zelda, with a bit of a confused look, shook her head. Bolson smiled.

"Wonderful. Come here, hun. Sit right here," Bolson said, patting the grass patch next to him. Zelda blinked a few times before slowly making her way over to the eccentric man. She sat gently before Bolson turned towards Karson, relaxing behind them.

"Karson dear! Go clean the shudders off the display houses across the bridge!" Bolson called out. Karson, seemingly out of instinct, jumped to his feet. He started making his way towards the bridge before stopping short of it.