Chapter 49: The Raid

The stars spotted the deep blue of the night sky, shining dimly over the Gerudo Desert, giving just enough light for the tall, muscular warriors to prepare. The small group of warriors stood just outside the south entrance of the now quiet Gerudo Town, having had to quietly sneak Link outside the walls, and were now preparing for their small sand journey towards the Yiga Clan hideout. A group of tamed sand seals sat lined up against the Gerudo border wall, some sleeping and some clapping their fins in excitement for the late night escapade.

Buliara looked on, now with a Radiant Shield of her own on her back and her claymore over her shoulder, watching her warriors help the sand seal owner prepare many of the sand seals, connecting the reigns of the seals to wooden cargo boxes currently filled with arrows, food, and other important materials they may need.

"We really appreciate the assistance, Frelly," Buliara said as the group finished connecting the cargo boxes. The sand seal trainer smiled tiredly.

"Whatever helps you guys out! Though, I'm still getting paid for this right?" Frelly asked, Buliara chuckled once at the question before looking onwards towards the seals.

"Of course, and we shall throw in a bit extra for the assistance with the cargo. Are you positive the cargo sand seals will be able to keep up?" Buliara asked. Frelly, filling with energy in order to praise her sand seals, laughed loudly.

"Will they keep up with cargo? Ha! A better question: can you keep up with them?" she said happily as she looked back at her seals. Buliara frowned, looking back at the Gerudo trainer.

"They won't go ahead of us, will they?" Bulirara asked seriously. Frelly quickly faced the bodyguard, shaking her head quickly.

"Heavens, no! By the Seven, Buliara, I would think you don't have any faith in my training abilities," Frelly said with a disheartened look.

"I do have faith, otherwise we would have gone on foot," Bulirara said. "I believe we should be set if you wish to head back to bed, Frelly, though if you wish to stay and assist with further preparations it would be more than helpful."

"Well, my sleep schedule is already thrown off. I might as well keep tending to the seals until you guys take off," Frelly said. With a nod from Buliara, the trainer turned back to her sand seals. The bodyguard sighed as she turned towards the thick sandstone wall lining Gerudo town. There Link, the young chief, and a few other Gerudo warriors stood at a table who all seemed to be listening to the Hylian voe as he once again discussed the plan .

"There's a long winding road that leads up towards the Yiga Clan base, as we all know," Link said, pointing at an area on a poorly drawn makeshift map on the table. "Archers will be needed as we travel upwards to combat the Yiga archers standing guard. Inside the main hall will be a circular room filled with banners. This banner, the second closest to the center of the room, leads to the true entry to the clan base. I believe Barta can attest to this."

Barta, the Gerudo who had escaped the hideout thanks to Link, nodded in agreement.

"From there... it will be an all out assault," Link said. One Gerudo raised her hand.

"Why are we charging in at once? Shouldn't we be a bit more tactical?" the Gerudo asked. Riju, who was standing next to Link, shook her head.

"The Yiga believe Link will be coming alone, just as he's done in the past. The Hylian Champion has never needed assistance before now. However, Link isn't there just to knock heads around; the Yiga now have malice. Link needs time to analyze how it's being controlled and figure out if we can stop it," Riju said, trying to sound as proper as possible. "Since they only expect Link, there's no doubt they would be caught completely off guard by a siege of us Gerudo."