Chapter 30: The Divine Beast Vah Ruta

The multiple beams of light from the Sheikah Slate formed at last on the teleportation pad on the floor of the beast to create two Hylians standing close to one another. Zelda's eyes gleamed the moment she laid eyes on the interior of the Beast.

"Oh Link! I haven't been here in so long!" She called, letting go of his arm and jogging ahead.

"Careful Zelda!" Link called out. Zelda turned with a frown.

"What is it? I've done this before, don't pretend like I'm new to this..."

"Zelda, even with my fractured memories I specifically remember you having at least two guards with you at all times. There was no way you could have fallen at a 'Royal Walking' pace," Link said, walking towards her. "Trust me, falling off this thing isn't fun, and now you're free to run around as you please so be careful..."

Zelda seemed to only catch one key piece of information from Link's explanation. She grinned as she gripped the straps of her back pack hugging her shoulders.

"Tell me Link... How many times did you fall?" She asked cheekily. Link blinked a few times before squinting.

"Why do you wanna know...?" Link asked. Zelda smiled.

"Just curious," She said as she turned to traverse the Beast. Link swore the more he got to know the true unbound Princess, the more that Royal accent of hers didn't seem to fit...

"It was only twice..." Link grumbled as he followed behind Zelda as she made her way through the entrance of the beast into the interior.

Zelda's eyes practically glew with excitement as she looked around the Vah Ruta. The water wheel in the center, the walls leading to the furnaces, the sound of water crashing into its own pool of water. The sight hadn't changed since Link had traversed the Beast months prior.

"Look at it, Link! Isn't it marvelous!" Zelda said as she looked around in awe. "This sight never gets old. To think, Sheikah from thousands of years ago were able to build this so well, so intricately and properly that it was still functional even after being buried for as long as it was!"

"Can we actually talk about that?" Link said as he made his way to stand next to Zelda. Zelda gave him a look of curiosity.

"Talk about what?"

"How the Hylians and other races buried these things..." Link said. "Like, really think about it, these things are massive! Did Hylians have some sort of technology of their own? Or did they use Sheikah tech to get rid of Sheikah tech?"

Zelda stared at Link for a few moments, only the sound of crashing water in the near distance to the side of them before turning and walking away towards the Main Control Unit.

"Where are you going? That was a serious questions," Link called out, chasing after her.

"Link, you have a gigantic Beast, a legend of technological advancement in front of you, and you are more worried about how they dug a big hole for it?" Zelda asked, a look of disappointment in the Knight on her face. Link shrugged.

"Honestly it's more why they dug the hole than the hole itself the more I think about it..." Link said as they walked down the ramp like slope towards the Terminal. Zelda's face fell a bit at the sound of that.

"It wasn't fair to them..." Zelda said sadly. "The Yiga Clan... As much wrong doing as they have caused, their origin is not to be forgotten. The Hylians of the past created the Yiga out of misplaced fear of the Sheikahs advancements. It wasn't right. Maybe we could do something about it..."

Link grunted in response, slightly looking away. He knew eventually this conversation would come up, and he really didn't want to have it now. Zelda's heart was pure and innocent, however to Link, the Yiga were too far gone. Whether the Clans original reasoning was justified or not, they've evolved from bitterness into madness. And if anyone knew that, it was Link. Master Kohga was a pure example of that...