Chapter 58: Yowaka Ita Shrine

The Bokoblins were seemingly unalert around their tree log camp, some sitting around as others wandered with their wooden spears in hand. A couple could be seen having a guttural conversation using nothing but grunts and yelps while another Bokoblin sat next to them as it prepared to feast on a large piece of meat. The hungry monster licked its lips, sniffed the meaty aroma, and prepared for its feast as it opened its wide mouth.

However, the moment before the monster could dine, the Bokoblin dropped its meat and suddenly fell to the ground. The talking Bokoblins behind it jumped, looking at their unresponsive partner. An arrow stuck out of the monster's head as it lay lifeless on the ground. Now on high alert, the monsters looked around in search of their invader.

Before the invader could be discovered, another arrow flew and landed directly in between the eyes of one of the monsters, it too now crashing lifelessly to the ground. The last of the three Bokoblins looked around angrily for their assailant, looking in the direction the arrow flew from. However with a loud, powerful smack to the back of the head, the monster fell and life left their eyes.

"I guess it really does only take one hit," Link said, coughing blood as he looked down at the now only half glowing weapon in his hand. He looked over at where the trees the arrows came flying from, a short haired blonde Hylian now peeking her head out. "Where are the rest of them?"

"There are at least four more on the other side of the tree. I'll cover the Keese swarm! Be careful!" Zelda called out as she pulled out a reddish, round-tipped arrow before disappearing into the bushes yet again. Link stood for a moment, staring at where the girl once stood. Though she still had a lot to learn, she wasn't doing too bad for her first raid. Maybe he really was underestimating her abilities...

Link shook his throbbing head, focusing himself on the task at hand. He turned and jogged towards the other side of the tree. There stood more Bokoblins with spears, much more alert than the ones he and Zelda had just faced. He looked above, noticing the swarm of Keese flying above him. The Keese darted down as if they were aiming at Link. He squinted, waiting for Zelda's signal.

With a bright flash of light, before the Keese could get anywhere near ground level, a large explosion erupted at the center of the group. Link's hair blew back from the force of the explosion, the Bokoblins around him jumping from the sudden impact. Link grinned before charging into the group. With a large leap, Link slammed the Obliterator into the ground, the shock wave killing two of the four Bokoblins. The third monster jumped, screaming as it brought down its wooden spear. Link rolled out the way, looking down at the one shot weapon in his hands. The light had gone completely out.

Link quickly focused back on the Bokoblin, who now was preparing to jab at him with the spear. The bloodied knight backed away, swapping out the Obliterator for the Sheikah Slate. With a tap of a button, a brightly lit bomb appeared in his hands. He chucked the bomb before detonating it in the air, the blast blowing the now dead Bokoblin back a few feet.

That was three, Link thought to himself as he quickly looked around. The pointed ears of the Hylian pricked as he heard the rustling of grass behind him. With lightning quick fingers, the knight switched from the bomb to Stasis. Link rose the Sheikah Slate as bright yellow chains wrapped around the airborne Bokoblin, a spear only inches from Link's face.

"Zelda!" Link called out. With the sound of padded footsteps on the grass, the Hylian girl appeared from behind Link as she jumped with the long, purple-hilted sword in both hands, blade poised above her head. Zelda brought the Master Sword down, smacking the Bokoblin with its full weight. The girl landed, looking up along with Link as the two watched the Bokoblin float, now blinking an orangish color, before the chains shattered. The force of Zelda's attack sent the Bokoblin flying back after the chains disappeared, slamming the now dead monster against a tree.