Chapter 63: The Comfort Zone

"This blasted sword!" a short man shouted at the top of his lungs, pushing a curved katana-like blade off of his desk. The burned blade clattered to the ground as the man sat in his stool, legs dangling as he adjusted his goggles before wiping sweat off his wrinkly forehead. He sighed as he rested his elbows on the worktable in front of him, allowing the stress to envelop him.

"Robbie, please rest," a gentle soothing voice called out to him. Robbie didn't respond as he sat in silence. It didn't take long for him to feel the gentle warmth of his wife's hands on his shoulders, trying to comfort the old researcher.

"No, Jerrin," Robbie said in a tired voice. "That Yiga had malice, and until we verify the source, there is a strong possibility that the Calamity Ganon's influence may still be around. At least enough to wreak havoc amongst Hyrule once again. I wish not to see that twice in my lifetime. It's imperative for my research that I learn how this came to be."

Jerrin watched as the old researcher slipped down from his stool in order to pick up the Windcleaver that now lay on the ground. Robbie bent down and heaved the Windcleaver back on the desk. His wife couldn't help but be impressed, seeing as the blade was twice Robbie's size.

"Be honest," Jerrin said with a smile. "You really want to figure this out before those two get hurt, don't you?"

Robbie snorted as he began prodding the weapon with precision tools, inspecting the pinkish burns on the blade once again.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said over the sounds of metal scraping from tool to blade. "It's been about five days since those two left. If anything, chances are Link has probably already died-"

"Robbie!"

"I didn't say he did!" Robbie said at the sound Jerrin's raised voice. "I'm just stating the obvious chances of him assaulting the Yiga Hideout by his lonesome and surviving are very slim."

"Well, it's a good thing I didn't go alone," a sudden voice said from behind. The two Sheikah turned to see Link, wearing a green and brown tunic, standing at the door with his hand raised in greeting. "But I, uh... as a matter of fact, I did almost die, actually."

"Link!" Jerrin called out as Robbie jumped down from his stool. "Are you alright? Where's the princess; is she okay?"

"We're both fine, I promise," Link said with a calming smile as Robbie and Jerrin rushed over to him.

"Any new scars to take note of?" Robbie asked, keeping his research front as he lifted Link's sword arm to inspect for any new injuries. Link chuckled as the little researcher inspected his arm, rolling his eyes a bit at the fake professional tone Robbie was using.

"Plenty of new ones, I guarantee you," Link answered. "But I promise you, I'm fine. At least now I am, and Zelda is as well," he added once he noticed Jerrin's worrisome glance. The tall woman sighed with relief, placing a hand on her chest.

"That's wonderful to hear. I'm glad you both are alright. We both are," Jerrin emphasized as Robbie grunted, pulling himself away from Link's arm.

"Speaking of you two, where's the stubborn girl anyhow?" Robbie asked, peering behind the Hylian to see if a blonde haired girl happened to be standing behind him. However Link shook his head.

"Not here. She's actually back on the Great Plateau, hopefully still sleeping soundly," he responded. Jerrin and Robbie gave the boy confused looks at his answer.

"The Great Plateau?" Jerrin questioned. "I thought you were to meet in Rito Village?"

"Or at least in the Gerudo Desert if the young girl had gotten impatient," Robbie added on. "Well don't just stand there boy, fill us in! What happened with the Yiga?"