Chapter 23: The Young Royals

Zelda's eyes fluttered open as the sunlight beat down upon them. She instinctively moved her arm to cover her eyes but winced at the soreness. Confused at the sudden pain she slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position and looked at her arms. Burn marks traveled up and down them. She gave a confused look before being distracted by a voice calling out.

"Princess! Why, you're alright! How are you feeling? You're up earlier than expected." A tall female Zora said. Zelda blinked.

"Beg my pardon but... Where am I? Am I at the Domain? Where's Link?" Zelda asked in a row, looking for her blue-clad friend. The female Zora smiled nervously.

"Well Princess, yes you are at my home, Zora's Domain. You and Link had been traveling and unfortunately, you were struck by an Electric Wizzrobe. You took a hard hit..."

Zelda furrowed her eyebrows before vaguely recalling a light and a shocking feeling. A Wizzrobe? That's what that was? Zelda glanced back at the burns in her arms. That explains a lot. Zelda sighed as she turned back towards the Zora.

"Have you been taking care of me?" Zelda asked. The Zora nodded.

"Yes, Princess. My name is Kodah, one of the owners of the Seabed Inn. It's a pleasure to meet the Princess of old." The Zora said bowing. Zelda however, shook her head.

"Please, just refer to me as Zelda. I haven't been going by my Royal title as of late... How long have I been at rest?" Zelda asked, reaching for the Sheikah Slate, however, it wasn't on her belt.

"You arrived late last night. Your meeting with King Dorephan has been postponed. Link has already talked to-"

"Where is he? Link?" Zelda asked. Kodah gulped.

"Well... You see Prin- Zelda..."

"Princess Zelda! Why, there was no doubt in my mind that you would come to sooner than expected!" A loud, happy tone rang through the Inn. Zelda turned, her eyes growing wide at the Moblin-sized red Zora walking into the Inn, his arms outstretched as if he were about to hug her.

"It is wonderful to see you again! We have much to catch up on." He said happily. Zelda blinked a few times.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude... But have we met before?" Zelda asked curiously. The Zora stared down for a moment before laughing.

"Now, I assure you that you know who I am!" The Zora boomed. "You even came to visit my sister and I right when she became a Champion. I haven't changed that much since then!"

Zelda stared for a few more moments before her eyes, yet again, grew wide.

"Sidon!?"

"Tis I!" Sidon shouted with glee. "It's wonderful to see you again Princess. You haven't aged a day!"

"I couldn't say the same to you! I would've mistaken you for a Moblin at your size!" Zelda said with a newfound smile. Finally, a face other than Link and Impa she could recognize. Sidon smiled as he pulled up a chair. Zelda swore she saw a twinkle in his teeth as he did.

"As much as I'd like to ask other questions, the important ones must be addressed first," Sidon said. "How are you feeling? Are you in too much pain?"

"I feel fine, Sidon, really. A bit sore, if I must be honest, but fine nonetheless." Zelda said, dismissing her scars as unimportant. Sidon nodded.

"That is good to hear, Princess. Link must've used that Fairy on you at the perfect time." Sidon said. Zelda however frowned.

"Speaking of Link, once again, where is he?" Zelda repeated. Sidon faltered before awkwardly smiling.